Official Super Bowl Thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
Man, after watching that game, I can't help but think that the Refs just absolutely handed that trophy to the Steelers on a silver platter.

Seattle did a lot of things themselves to hand that game to the Steelers. The game might have went different with a fairly called game by the refs, but Seattle screwed up so many times that they got what they deserved.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Seattle did a lot of things themselves to hand that game to the Steelers.  The game might have went different with a fairly called game by the refs, but Seattle screwed up so many times that they got what they deserved.

Seattle made a few mistakes...but conveniently it seemed like the worst mistake they made (the pick) happened sandwiched between 2 completely phantom calls by the Refs.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
No he didn't shake it, Cowher stood at mid-field for like 5 minutes looking around in disbelief.

Holmgren's probably about as pissed from watching the way the game was called as I was, and I wasn't even rooting for anything but a fair game.

Quick question for the board... why is it that NFL coaches NEVER kick the field goal in a situation like today's game?! I know that it isn't a sure bet that the field goal will be made, but you need 2 possessions, and you can't get a second possession when there is no time left on the clock! This happens so often, I cannot comprhend why football coaches do this. Ending rant now.

Also of note, I thought maybe Randle-El would get the MVP.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Quick question for the board... why is it that NFL coaches NEVER kick the field goal in a situation like today's game?!  I know that it isn't a sure bet that the field goal will be made, but you need 2 possessions, and you can't get a second possession when there is no time left on the clock!  This happens so often, I cannot comprhend why football coaches do this.  Ending rant now.

Also of note, I thought maybe Randle-El would get the MVP.

Ward definitely deserved it IMO. As for why they never kick field goals in that spot....I think it's the same reason that basketball coaches don't foul when they are up 3 with only a couple seconds left. Old habits die hard, and they are afraid of the endless criticism they will get if the percentage play strategy backfires because it's so rarely used.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
incredibly boring game, commercials, and halftime show. And terrible announcing and annoying post/pre game...Worst superbowl ever.

I enjoyed the game, and there were some pretty funny commercials.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
I picked the Steelers to beat the Bears in the Superbowl before the playoffs began, so obviously I think they are a great team.

Steelers 20

Seahawks 13

Meh I was close. This game sucked, and I was playing poker during the whole thing. Unfortunately, I was up $150 at one point and ended up being dead even.