Official Super Bowl Thread

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
I think that's what gets me.  You spend weeks preparing and working to get to a Super Bowl then you lose because a WR threw a TD against you?

I think cheap is a good word, but hey more power to the Steelers, a TD is a TD.

I get where you are coming from, but the point of the game is to do what you need to do to win. The Steelers use gadget plays to throw in a twist every now and then, and I personally don't really see anything wrong with them. Then again, if the Bears lost because of gadget plays, I'd be pissed as hell.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
I get where you are coming from, but the point of the game is to do what you need to do to win.  The Steelers use gadget plays to throw in a twist every now and then, and I personally don't really see anything wrong with them.  Then again, if the Bears lost because of gadget plays, I'd be pissed as hell.

Nah me and Willie aren't saying we blame the Steelers or that there is anything wrong with them running that play, you do have to do whatever it takes. But from a purely fans point of view, it feels cheap when a WR throwing a TD pass is what decides the game, that's all.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
I get where you are coming from, but the point of the game is to do what you need to do to win.  The Steelers use gadget plays to throw in a twist every now and then, and I personally don't really see anything wrong with them.  Then again, if the Bears lost because of gadget plays, I'd be pissed as hell.

Yeah, I don't really mean to sound like it's a s***ty way to play and it's cheap by the Steelers. It's just something feels a little off about it.

But that's ok, good play calling by Pittsburgh.

This Pittsburgh team is kind of like the White Sox. The 2005 World Champs, they bring in a giant fat ass at the end of games to close it out (Bettis, Jenks) and even when he f***s it up as they are about to win a playoff game (Game 2 WS, Colts game) they still win.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
Congrats Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers, helluva run

Yep. To beat the #3, #1, and #2 seeds in the mighty AFC in back to back to back weeks, all on the road, then after a week off travel to Detroit to beat the #1 seed in the NFC. Amazing accomplishment, something we may never seen again.