iPods suck and their warrenty sucks worse.

Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
The second replacement they sent my son crapped out in 3 months and 1 week. There b.s. warrenty on allegedly new replacements is 3 months.  :finger Apple

they have been ripping tons of people off with those things. a lot of battery problems, ect.

My iPod :wub: :wub: :wub:

I push big video files between three or four computers with it all day and iyt has completely replaced my pocket firewire drive as my transfer disk.

I had to go through the plug-in-and-press-the-buttons reset protocol once te first week I had it, and it has been working hassle-free for 2.5 years.

Of course if you are plugging the thing into cheap Wintel hardware and not the mac it naturally craves, I can understand why it might be comitting device suicide on you. :)

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
they have been ripping tons of people off with those things.  a lot of battery problems, ect.

I know Apple settled a class action suit over the battery last year. Some of the batteries over a certain span were crappy and would wear out a lot quicker than they were suppose to. People got money for a new battery, but I think the opportunity to register for that is over.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
I know Apple settled a class action suit over the battery last year.  Some of the batteries over a certain span were crappy and would wear out a lot quicker than they were suppose to.  People got money for a new battery, but I think the opportunity to register for that is over.

Apple refused to replace the batteries for less than like $200 bucks or something at first, then they got hit by a big old lawsuit and were forced to pay up.