Carlos Lee...

wilmot825

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Well,  I was thinking more along the lines of August and September.  And I also look at the fact he was money in the post-season.  But outta that list,  only Pettite in my opinion was as good or slightly better than Jose.

And I assume you only say that because of his 11 wins, which are team dependant. Its not Zambrano's fault he was on the Cubs, or Lackey's fault he was on the Angels. They still had better halves than Contreras :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
Hey dammit, the guy was the only one that hustled his ass of each and every play in 2003, yet, somehow, once he starts off slowly in 04, everyone just starts hating on him.  Let's try to keep the hating to a minimum, I'm pretty sure a guy that smiles 24/7 in the dugout is not the clubhouse cancer.  Before the world series last year, he probably provided the most exciting walk off homer in Sox history against our favorite north side rivals.  I'm sure he wont be back here, and frankly, he's better off him nobody wants him back anyway.

Its too bad the only opinion that matters is Ozzie and KW, and they both think hes a cancer and a soft player. Hes never coming back.

Its too bad the only opinion that matters is Ozzie and KW, and they both think hes a cancer and a soft player.  Hes never coming back.

Besides that, I don't think he wants to play for them. Ozzie said about him not going in hard, "We had a guy go into 2nd base as if his wife was turning a double play." My bet is that once he has a chance, he'll sign with a team that will play the White Sox, so that he can exact some revenge on Ozzie.

Dammit you guys, when you see something in green, laugh at it, don't analyze any of it, you ruined the whole thing :P

In any case, Count had more wins than most of the guys on that list, Felix.....

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
In any case, Count had more wins than most of the guys on that list, Felix.....

Wins are team dependant.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 07:09 AM)
And I assume you only say that because of his 11 wins, which are team dependant.  Its not Zambrano's fault he was on the Cubs, or Lackey's fault he was on the Angels.  They still had better halves than Contreras :P

Wins are mostly dependant on the teams offense. Looking at their ERA/WHIP is a better way of indicating how good they are (as is looking at other numbers).

You can be a crappy pitcher and win 15+ games. You can be an amazing pitcher and win 13 games (Roger Clemens last year). Doesn't mean the crappy pitcher is better than the amazing pitcher because the crappy pitcher has more wins.

I think I just said "wins are team dependant" like 3 or 4 times in one post.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Wins are team dependant.

Wins are mostly dependant on the teams offense.  Looking at their ERA/WHIP is a better way of indicating how good they are (as is looking at other numbers).

You can be a crappy pitcher and win 15+ games.  You can be an amazing pitcher and win 13 games (Roger Clemens last year).  Doesn't mean the crappy pitcher is better than the amazing pitcher because the crappy pitcher has more wins.

I know. You seem to say that a lot.

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Wins are team dependant.

Wins are mostly dependant on the teams offense.  Looking at their ERA/WHIP is a better way of indicating how good they are (as is looking at other numbers).

You can be a crappy pitcher and win 15+ games.  You can be an amazing pitcher and win 13 games (Roger Clemens last year).  Doesn't mean the crappy pitcher is better than the amazing pitcher because the crappy pitcher has more wins.

I guess this means there's one specific grinder rule you guys don't agree with :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
Weren't people like Rowand and Wite here late in 2005 saying that Aaron Rowand had a higher 2nd half OPS then Carlos Lee?

EDIT: And yes he did BTW.

Caballo was pretty much El Sucko in the second half.

.262 10 38 .309/.437/.746

Not quite the all-star caliber player they saw in the first half. Not even close.

I loved Caballo when he was with the Sox, but seeing him in Milwaukee, seeing Pods and Viz in Chicago and seeing one of the two teams winning the World Series last year made me change my mind a hell of a lot about Caballo. The only Carlos Lee I want on the Sox is Caballo's brother...who just so convienently is named Carlos Lee.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
I think he will unfortuantly join the Cubs when he gets the chance. He still has a home in Chicago, and joining the Cubs would give him a chance to get his revenge on Ozzie. Refer to his slide into Todd Walker when thinking about the revenge he'd be seeking:

lee410.jpg

walker-lee-collision.jpg

That slide is a thing of beauty. :D

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
It won't be when he does that to Iguchi or Uribe to get his revenge. :(

I think the fear of the Bobby Jenks fastball uncorking at the end of a game should keep Carlos Lee in check with any silly slides against us.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 05:19 AM)
Lee proved to be a whiny little b**** in 2004.  I hope he goes to the Cubs, he'd fit right in that clubhouse.

How exactly did he prove to be a whiny b****.... we know very little about clee nothing bad came out until he was traded and most of it was he just made fun of Marte a lot...

But zambrano didn't hit him? or did he. i assumed he didn't

I was referring to this:

I think the fear of the Bobby Jenks fastball uncorking at the end of a game should keep Carlos Lee in check with any silly slides against us.

He implied that the Sox would retialite by having Jenks throw a 100 mph fastabll at el horso's head, and I replied back that the Cubs could retailiate with Zambrano throwing a 100 mph fastball at one of their hitters.