Vote for my movie

Drew

So my roommate and I entered a little contest that involved making a 60-second film noir movie and the grand prize is a new Lenovo ThinkPad. I act in it (the tall and slim one), do the voice-overs and art directed about half of the shots. It took 23 hours from concept to delivery and was shot entirely in and around our house in Burbank.

Now, my roommate and I are two of the biggest Macophiles you will ever meet and as such have little use for a PC, but we are making this a good cause.

Our friend Ana, our favorite waitress at Fred 62 and the femme fatale in our movie, will get the laptop to replace her aging lappie.

All you have to do is go here:

And vote for our movie (called "Sucker for Dames"). You don't need to register or give your email address or anything. Just click and vote.

You can see the first five finalists (including ours) here:

The second five are here:

We're really proud of our little film and we truly think it's the best one of the ten. We'd really appreciate your help in making it number one! Again, you don't have to register or give an email address or anything - just go to the URL and vote! It really doesn't take any time.

Thanks so much!

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
The team that is leading along with his probally will be anyway. How come they have 894368 votes and no one else does near them? Fishy to me.

Gents, I will turn away no one who wishes to help. My roommate is catatonic from the stress so basically, I'm El Duque in the 6th of game 3 at Fenway. Ice water veins.

Just don't create bots or anything. They log IPs and cookies and stuff. However, I can tell you the ins and outs of every wi-fi network from here to Pasadena, as well as every Apple Store and CompUSSR. ;)

If we win this, I'll have a magnum of champagne in my trunk when I tailgate for the series at Angel Stadium and will toast each and every one of you.

Edited by Drew

Well, we decided in the end to head over to the Fred and enjoy our last two hours of the poll with Ana and some clandestinely-enjoyed homemade piñacello. We just checked the results a bit ago. While we have our own opinions about the means of how the vote tallies were amassed, our methods weren't pristine, either. But that's not where I want the focus to be.

All I have left to say is I could not be happier with the final product and the outpouring of support we've received from people across the country and beyond, and that friends of ours, many of whom we only know from what we read and post on the Internet, came out in droves because we asked for their help.

The thrill of collaborating on a project that came together so quickly and successful well beyond our expectations, making the cut of the top 10, and garnering 1400-something votes in two days is really quite something, even if we have no Lenovo ThinkPad to validate it. We didn't need a PC laptop anyway.

We'd also like to give a shout out to all the groups of people who voted for us. Even though some of you didn't know who we were, we appreciated the support. The following groups contributed en masse to our cause:

People who read and post on the multitude of swing dance forums too great to name.

Soxtalk.com

Maricopa County Dept. of Corrections

Bitterwaitress.com

IntlNewsMedia.com

Sony Pictures Studios

LA Unified School District Distance Learning Program

The Weinstein Company

Foote, Cone & Belding, Chicago

Florida State University College of Law

Dave Ramsey

Music City Motion

Azusa Pacific University

California Pizza Kitchen Glendale

Fred 62

The Church of Scientology

Baptist General Conference

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Judson College, Dept. of Art Design and Architecture

USC School of Cinema/Television Sound Dept.

most of the Apple Stores in Los Angeles County and a few in Manhattan

Starbuck's

The City of Burbank, CA

Occidental College

Erica's dorm floor at Colorado State University

UC Irvine

Our troops in Iraq

Everyone on Matt's IM list

And I am STILL planning on tailgating for the Angels series. Stay tuned.