Northwestern prof denies holocaust.

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 08:26 AM)
http://www.nbc5.com/news/6819489/detail.html

I saw the other day where he was complimenting the Irani president for investigiations into the holocaust. :headshake

The entire Republican party is responsible for this guy! He's the root of all evil and he controls the party! He begat Mel Gibson's father! He should step aside and take over the RNC! WAAAAA!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Sorry bout that, yeah the guy's a moron...I'm just still annoyed about the other side's obsession with some random, stupid Colorado prof that a specific group of political "analysts" somehow decided was the emblem of their political opposition.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
What exactly is the prof's quote?

This web page may be a good start.

I am the author of the book The Hoax of the Twentieth Century: The Case Against the Presumed Extermination of European Jewry (1976), a work of "Holocaust revisionism".

I think the specific remarks he's being called to task on are these, said about the Iranian president's denial of the Holocaust.

"I congratulate him on becoming the first head of state to speak out clearly on these issues and regret only that it was not a Western head of state,"

I know that Northwestern said they couldnt fire him because he said this crap outside of his role as a faculty member. But cant they at least do a little "rm * -rf " work on his goofy website. That is their website and they can determine what goes up there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
I know that Northwestern said they couldnt fire him because he said this crap outside of his role as a faculty member.  But cant they at least do a little "rm * -rf " work on his goofy website.  That is their website and they can determine what goes up there.

I'm surprised that they could not fire him for that. Haven't people been fired for things that they have put on their blogs? I think that in those cases, the companies have stated that the employees represent their employee even outside of work.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 07:55 AM)
I'm surprised that they could not fire him for that.  Haven't people been fired for things that they have put on their blogs?  I think that in those cases, the companies have stated that the employees represent their employee even outside of work.

He tenured ... therefore all but untouchable.