1st grader suspended for sex harrasment

southsideirish71

When objectivity and sanity goes out the door

I think this school district should have better things to do. What a bunch of morons to suspend a 1st grader for this.

And my favorite is the morons who think the 1st grader was correctly punished.

As the mother of a 10 year old girl, I think the suspension was correct. Children need to know it is not alright to touch anyone else without their permission and certainly not in the manner this boy did. While he might not know what the term "sexual harrassment" is, it is obvious, especially from the mother's reaction, that this child has not been taught boundaries. The school has no choice in this. They need to protect all children in the school. This mother needs to sit down with her son and clearly teach him to keep his hands to himself.

-Melissa

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
When objectivity and sanity goes out the door

I think this school district should have better things to do.  What a bunch of morons to suspend a 1st grader for this.

That news article has little information in it. It could have been an overreaction, or may not have been. If the kid stuck his hand down her pants, and if he did it repeatedly, maybe he needed to stay home for a day or two. Since the only person they cited was the victim's parent, what can we really know? Nothing. I reserve judgement on the suspension.

That's some pretty pathetic news reporting in that article, BTW. How about some facts? How about asking the school or the teacher?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
That news article has little information in it.  It could have been an overreaction, or may not have been.  If the kid stuck his hand down her pants, and if he did it repeatedly, maybe he needed to stay home for a day or two.  Since the only person they cited was the victim's parent, what can we really know?  Nothing.  I reserve judgement on the suspension.

That's some pretty pathetic news reporting in that article, BTW.  How about some facts?  How about asking the school or the teacher?

two fingers inside the girl's waistband last week during circle time.

This is a bit different than putting his hands down her pants, inside her waistband is different verbage than he shoved his hands down her pants. Remember this is a 6 year old also. Maybe they could reverse it and anytime a 6 year old girl kisses a 6 year old boy we can suspend them a day for a lewd advance. If they hug them maybe its something worse. God forbid if the child loses balance during the hug, it could be assault. Maybe if the child farts its a weapon of mass destruction.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
This is a bit different than putting his hands down her pants, inside her waistband is different verbage than he shoved his hands down her pants.  Remember this is a 6 year old also.

I agree, big difference. That's why I'd like it if the "reporter" who wrote the story had done a little more actual reporting and journalism. The article is just far too vague and thin to make any sort of judgement.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
This is a bit different than putting his hands down her pants, inside her waistband is different verbage than he shoved his hands down her pants.  Remember this is a 6 year old also.  Maybe they could reverse it and anytime a 6 year old girl kisses a 6 year old boy we can suspend them a day for a lewd advance.  If they hug them maybe its something worse.  God forbid if the child loses balance during the hug, it could be assault.  Maybe if the child farts its a weapon of mass destruction.

I actually see stories like this a lot. Where kids are suspended/punished for the dumbest reasons.

It's like school officials forgot what the phrase "common sense" means.

This keeps getting better

The Brockton school district gave the boy a three-day suspension on Jan. 30 after conducting an internal investigation -- which they forwarded to the Plymouth district attorney's office. Prosecutors, however, have not brought any charges, in part because state juvenile criminal laws do not apply to those under age 7, said prosecutors.

This is a f***ing joke.

Dorinvil said school administrators told her that her son's infraction was to place his hand inside the waistband of a girl's pants, touching the skin on her back.

He touched her back.

Lets lock him up for 20 years, no visitation from Barney or Spongebob

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
I once had a friend get suspended for asking a teacher how her boyfriend was.....this was just after she broke up with him and let the school know about it.    Suspensions can get out of hand if you give that power to dumbass people.

So your friend knew she had just broken up with her bf and he asked her how he was doing? Uh, sounds like your boy was being a prick and deserved the suspension.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
So your friend knew she had just broken up with her bf and he asked her how he was doing?    Uh, sounds like your boy was being a prick and deserved the suspension.

this was 6th grade.....he was a class clown....but he was liked by all teachers. And this teacher was "b****y"

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 04:05 AM)
I don't have a problem with the suspension.  His behavior was inappropriate and it's never to early to teach a kid that some things are just not allowed.  My problem is with the label 'sexual harrassment'.

I agree, except i am sick of the double standard. In many cases girls/woman get away with s*** they shouldn't.

In third grade( what is that 7-8 years old) some b****y little girl draws on my white t-shirt with markers. I asked her to stop and she said no she doesn't have to she is a girl. I was thinking then... wtf is that suppose to mean/matter. I got so mad after she did it again about two minutes later i turn around and started yelling at her. So i got b****ed at for speaking without raising my hand or whatever. Right before class that class ended... was right before lunch...she takes out her scissors and cuts my f***ing shirt. All that happened was she had to pay me for a new shirt. I am pretty sure if the roles were reversed i would have been suspended and up for attempted murder charges because i was holding safety scissors.

f***ing coke head has two kids already and is one the way with a third... she is turning 19. :lol: