Sox sign 10-year sponsorship deal with Miller Beer

SSH2005

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)
Probably my biggest complaint with the White Sox organization is that they serve Pepsi products at the stadium. 

Miller is better than Budweiser... but I don't always booze it up at the games.  They switch to Coca-cola also, I'll be a happy man

Also,  gimme three more cashews in those cashew raisins...

ill mention it to ervin schwimmer

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Having worked for a Miller distrubutorship for 5 years, I have to say that I am thrilled about this.  Its great to see all of the different beer/team related things that come out every year to get into the baseball season.  Be it banners, signs or neons.  Besides, Miller is the better beer  :D .  On a side note, do not be suprised if you start to see some MGD light handles pop up around the ballpark in different places.  That beer has been a primary focus of the brewery in terms of growth over the past few years and has been met with some success. 

Also, after this year, Miller will NO longer be the sponsor of the Hawks or Bulls at the UC.  Bud will be taking that over.  Miller finally gave it up because there is no money in it like there used to be.  Lets face it, its hard to justify spending millions of dollars on a sponsorship when the Hawks are lucky if they draw 5000 people.  Its going to be a weird adjustment going to the UC and seeing that, but I understand the logic behind the move.

In the end!  Way to go Miller!  I will be looking forward to many a nice frosty Miller Lite in my seats this season!

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Do you know if MGD will make that huge schedule poster again, the one they print on plastic for outdoors. I cajoled one from a bar maid two years ago and had the BEST looking garage on the south side of Chicago. I'm sure my #$%^& cuB fan neighbor enjoyed it too.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Do you know if MGD will make that huge schedule poster again, the one they print on plastic for outdoors.  I cajoled one from a bar maid two years ago and had the BEST looking garage on the south side of Chicago.  I'm sure my #$%^& cuB fan neighbor enjoyed it too.

Yep, they will. They do the big schedule banners every year and they come out around spring training time. You will see them showing up in bars and liquor/grocery stores right around then. I can't wait to see what they will look like this year! My wife is a Cub fan and really HATES the Miller Lite White Sox neon we have hanging in the basement :D

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
Probably my biggest complaint with the White Sox organization is that they serve Pepsi products at the stadium. 

Miller is better than Budweiser... but I don't always booze it up at the games.  They switch to Coca-cola also, I'll be a happy man

Also,  gimme three more cashews in those cashew raisins...

Jesse jackson JR. owns a pepsi bottling plant on the south side. Add the political ramifications and now you know why they serve Pepsi. there you go.

QUOTE(quickman @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
Jesse jackson JR. owns a pepsi bottling plant on the south side. Add the political ramifications and now you know why they serve Pepsi. there you go.

So Jesse sponsored half price night?

First of all, Coke >>>>>>>>>> Pepsi. I will not touch Pepsi. Haven't even had a sip of Pepsi in at least two years. Can't stand the stuff.

Now, down to brass tacks--please oh please tell me that this means they will now offer High Life on tap. The rest of Miller's line, I could really care less. I'm all about the Champagne of Beers, though:

l48.jpg

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
On a side note, do not be suprised if you start to see some MGD light handles pop up around the ballpark in different places.  That beer has been a primary focus of the brewery in terms of growth over the past few years and has been met with some success. 

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Yes!!!!!!!!!

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers