Rap Sucks

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Anybody like to support this idea?

I come from this generation thats supposed to like this poo and its absolute garbage.

Lets see here.

Lack of imagination in the lyrics? Check

"Artists" who brag about what thugs they are? Check

Lyrics that glorify the worst of human behavior including drug use, murder, prostitution, abuse of women? Check.

Yeah. Rap f***ing sucks.

Lets see here.

Lack of imagination in the lyrics?  Check

"Artists" who brag about what thugs they are?  Check

Lyrics that glorify the worst of human behavior including drug use, murder, prostitution, abuse of women?  Check.

Yeah.  Rap f***ing sucks.

You really dissapoint me..

Lack of any Musical Talent? Check.

Check that again to make sure.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Lets see here.

Lack of imagination in the lyrics?  Check

"Artists" who brag about what thugs they are?  Check

Lyrics that glorify the worst of human behavior including drug use, murder, prostitution, abuse of women?  Check.

Yeah.  Rap f***ing sucks.

Not all rap is like that. And just about any genre of music has mentioned that kind of stuff.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Feb 8, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
OK.  Anybody want to introduce me to GOOD rap?

Is it kinda like being shot in the back of the head instead of being burned to death?

I like Sage Francis, I can't speak for his first album because I haven't heard it but anything off this album I'd endorse.

It's not really like what you hear on the radio.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
Yep, I can't even begin to explain how many times I've had to defend old school and underground hip hop from people who think that rap music is basically what you see on television or hear on the radio.  There is nothing that I hate more than commercial rap music.

I sense a fan of the Sugarhill Gang :P

/kidding

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
I just think it's pretty lame to start a thread titled 'Rap Sucks'.  It's a very popular form of music and I take offense when I hear a comment like that.  Can you imagine the uproar if I started a 'Dave Matthews Band Sucks' or 'U2 Sucks' thread?

Considering both bands are composed of a bunch of pussies Id go right along with you.

:D

QUOTE(Spiff @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 05:58 AM)
I sense a fan of the Sugarhill Gang :P

/kidding

:headbang

Haha, no not really. :D It all starts with RUN DMC in 1983 when the Party Rap Era was starting to fade a bit.

You like Sage Francis? He used to come on 89.3 (Northwestern University) on the "Time Travel Show" all the time between 1998 and 2002 with Sole, Dose One, Atoms Family, Slug Of Atmosphere, Aesoprock, etc. The show came on once a week for 3 hours every Thursday night, and I recorded it as often as I could. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 Time Travel tapes buried in my closet, including a lot of those live freestyle sessions with Sage Francis, etc. I also have some Non Prophets (Sage's original crew) records somewhere too.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
:headbang

Haha, no not really.  :D  It all starts with RUN DMC in 1983 when the Party Rap Era was starting to fade a bit. 

That's pretty much when I became a huge fan of the genre. I wore out all of my Run DMC records.

Currently a big fan of MF Doom, Blackalicious, Ras Kass, J5, Little Brother, GZA, and Dooley O.