Rap Sucks

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
LMAO!!!!

Speaking of, I just received my tickets for the 3/23 concert - now I have submit my vacation form and I will be good to go.  Now to find out if Brian or my god-mother is attending with me.

....that's not Queen, you know.....

:P ;) :D

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
What goes through every lady's mind when they think of me...

Sleepy is my sexii babii    ;)

:lol:

Spelling is the first side affect of the pattened Sleepy Rufi-Colada.

quagmire.gif

Gigity, Gigity, Goo

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Her spelling is almost as bad as Steff's! :D  :P

So Sleepy your off the Wainright bandwagon already?

Well, my apologies for taking this so far off topic...

But yes, I am extremely disappointed in the job he's doing and am tired of the "new coach, young players, new tough conference" excuses.

The losses were expected this year, but the fire and intensity I was hoping for just isn't there. No fight. It's disheartening when it almost seems as if they've given up on the season.

He's been getting outcoached a lot this season.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Well, my apologies for taking this so far off topic...

But yes, I am extremely disappointed in the job he's doing and am tired of the "new coach, young players, new tough conference" excuses.

The losses were expected this year, but the fire and intensity I was hoping for just isn't there.  No fight.  It's disheartening when it almost seems as if they've given up on the season.

True we should take this to the Hoops Thread :ph34r:

I really thought he was a more fundamentally sound coach, but thus far he has not shown an ability to get his team to run a structured offense but its been terribly inconsistent.

And I knew the Big East would be tough but they just haven't shown up for a number of their games this year. Very sad.

The team must listen to too much rap music (hopeless attempt to get us back on topic)

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
True we should take this to the Hoops Thread :ph34r:

I really thought he was a more fundamentally sound coach, but thus far he has not shown an ability to get his team to run a structured offense but its been terribly inconsistent.

And I knew the Big East would be tough but they just haven't shown up for a number of their games this year. Very sad.

The team must listen to too much rap music (hopeless attempt to get us back on topic)

lol

I agree completely. And even though he's supposed to be a defensive-minded coach, opposing 3-point shooters have career games against us.

There's a lot wrong with the coaching and how the team is playing.

Of course, I say "fire wainwright" tongue-in-cheek. It's way too early. I'm just upset at the whole hiring process to begin with. I really don't believe the best possible candidates were interviewed...

But anyways, there's some good rap out there. :D

I can't believe that the thread has gone this long without mentioning 2PAC. Yes, he some thug style stuff that talks about how hard he is, how much money he has, and how many women he has sex with, but he's also got some of the more "friendly" rap. He's certainly one of if not the best writer out there (well, he's not "out there" anymore, but you know what I mean), and he has a lot of emotion in his music. Most of his stuff that was released post-death is pretty weak, but his greatest hits and his older stuff is solid.

I definitely agree with some of the stuff that has been posted. Mos Def and Taleb Kweli have some good stuff, as do Nas, Common, and Big Pun. As for some of the better gangsta style stuff, I'm a fan of Biggie, Mobb Deep and Dr. Dre, and pre-Great Depression DMX. 50 Cent also has his moments, but I think that might be influenced by those that produce his albums. I think Eminem's older stuff is good too, but that has tailed off significantly.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
I can't believe that the thread has gone this long without mentioning 2PAC. Yes, he some thug style stuff that talks about how hard he is, how much money he has, and how many women he has sex with, but he's also got some of the more "friendly" rap. He's certainly one of if not the best writer out there (well, he's not "out there" anymore, but you know what I mean), and he has a lot of emotion in his music. Most of his stuff that was released post-death is pretty weak, but his greatest hits and his older stuff is solid.

I definitely agree with some of the stuff that has been posted. Mos Def and Taleb Kweli have some good stuff, as do Nas, Common, and Big Pun. As for some of the better gangsta style stuff, I'm a fan of Biggie, Mobb Deep and Dr. Dre, and pre-Great Depression DMX. 50 Cent also has his moments, but I think that might be influenced by those that produce his albums. I think Eminem's older stuff is good too, but that has tailed off significantly.

Pac may have had some really personal and profound things to say, but his 'flow', the meter and tempo of it didn impress me at all.

Give me Mob Deep or Smiff N Wesson if you're gonna go gangsta.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)

Spelling is the first side affect of the pattened Sleepy Rufi-Colada. 

quagmire.gif

Gigity, Gigity, Goo

By the way, I prefer the name "Sleepy's Love Potion." :P

And since it kinda got turned into a DePaul basketball discussion, I'll just mention that I went to a little (literally) pep rally tonight. Only about 60-80 students...not even enough for a proper "fire Wainwright" chant. But I did snatch up a couple of Blue Demons wristbands, even though they look like the cubs ones.