Grammy thread..

Steff

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Count me in on the EAT A TRIPLE CHEESEBURGER crowd. :usa

I eat bugers.. and you can't see my ribs. It's not the weight.. it's the lack of clothing to cover that weight. :ph34r:

Oh.. one more thing on Kanye...

Why nominate a song that's deemed offensive.. ?

I don't have a problem with Gold Digger.. or the use of the word in the song (I'm not black either) but why nominate it and tie his hands while performing it? :huh

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
I really liked Kanye's first album, but it's unfortunate he's turned into an arrogant prick and stopped worrying about his music quality.

I don't have the first one but bought the second one to see what he was about... So I'm not far off in not realizing what all the hype was about from #2?

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:54 AM)
I don't have the first one but bought the second one to see what he was about... So I'm not far off in not realizing what all the hype was about from #2?

#2 is really not any good at all, so I would agree it's all hype. I did some pre listening to it and didn't even buy it to be honest. His first album was really well done IMO though, he still had that cockiness, but wasn't an arrogant prick. Also, it seemed like he put much more time and effort into the first album, whereas album #2 he figured he could just put anything onto it and people would buy it (and hey, that thought turned out to be accurate).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
I don't know how American Idol is so popular, it's no different than going out to a local establishment for karaoke night, other than Idol has a smart ass British guy.

Right at this point, that is EXACTLY why it is popular. People love seeing this train wreck thing. I LOVE bad bands and musicians, and I love bad karaoke. It kills me, much in the same way that people love "bad" movies such as the stuff Ed Wood made. AI is my Plan 9 From Outer Space, in all honesty.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
Right at this point, that is EXACTLY why it is popular. People love seeing this train wreck thing. I LOVE bad bands and musicians, and I love bad karaoke. It kills me, much in the same way that people love "bad" movies such as the stuff Ed Wood made. AI is my Plan 9 From Outer Space, in all honesty.

Point taken, but I just don't see the point in spending an hour of my primetime TV viewing watching something I can see at any karaoke night in the area.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Point taken, but I just don't see the point in spending an hour of my primetime TV viewing watching something I can see at any karaoke night in the area.

There's less crying and dream crushing at karaoke.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
There's less crying and dream crushing at karaoke.

I guess, but some of those people are just as delusional. :D

Don't spend your time watching it, nobody is forcing you to. AI is an evil creation, but no more evil than the actual industry. I will also watch AI because in some way that stupid show will bring the music industry to its knees, and nothing could make me happier. It's so high profile, that eventually all the "dirt" will spill out once all our "stars" are no longer under contract. Hell, already Clay has become a bit of an "ugly" word for that show, since he hired a lawyer to help him escape the contracts.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 08:22 AM)
Ok show.. waaaaay too long. And too much music. If I hadn't Tivo'd it and started watching at 9 I never would have made it.

:lolhitting

This made me spit my coffee on my keyboard. It's the Grammy's!!! No one cares about the awards...they want to see the bands!!!

Now if the show wanted to gain back some cred...it should have a short showcase of up and coming bands. That's my .02.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
:lolhitting

This made me spit my coffee on my keyboard.  It's the Grammy's!!!  No one cares about the awards...they want to see the bands!!!

Now if the show wanted to gain back some cred...it should have a short showcase of up and coming bands.  That's my .02.

Clean it up.. :lol:

Not no one... one here. If it was focused more on the songs rather then the over the top performances and the mixing of celebs and butchering of songs I wouldn't mind.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
#2 is really not any good at all, so I would agree it's all hype.  I did some pre listening to it and didn't even buy it to be honest.  His first album was really well done IMO though, he still had that cockiness, but wasn't an arrogant prick.  Also, it seemed like he put much more time and effort into the first album, whereas album #2 he figured he could just put anything onto it and people would buy it (and hey, that thought turned out to be accurate).

I disagree. I find the 2nd album more appealing.

Since very few people actually are mentionning the awards, I think I will...

If U2 was going to win for any of their recent albums, it should have been for "All that you can't leave behind", which was not only a better album than "How to dismantle an atomic bomb", but also had weaker competition (The O Brother where art thou soundtrack won somehow).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)

If U2 was going to win for any of their recent albums, it should have been for "All that you can't leave behind", which was not only a better album than "How to dismantle an atomic bomb", but also had weaker competition (The O Brother where art thou soundtrack won somehow).

I love that soundtrack...and hate modern U2...makes sense to me that it won. :D

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)

Agreed, 'In A Little While" is a beautiful song and is even better live.