The Cubs scam their fans AGAIN

southsider2k5

I think Sox fans do both.  They stay away when the product sucks, but not totally.  Instead of going to 5-10 games, they may go to 2, for example.  They stick by them, root for them and watch on the tube.  But, if they don't think the front office is trying to win, they keep their cash to themselves.  See the Blackhawks for another example of this mindset.

Well said. All excellent points. The Blackhwks, though, I think it's $Bill's fault. Mayybe oif he spent some money and showed the games on TV, more fans would come.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
Well said. All excellent points. The Blackhwks, though, I think it's $Bill's fault. Mayybe oif he spent some money and showed the games on TV, more fans would come.

Of course it's $Bill's fault. That's my point. Look at the Bulls. They've sucked for quite a few years now, but they still sell plenty of tickets. Why? Because there is a perception that they are trying to put something together. The Hawks have the perception of putting crap on the ice and expecting fans to fill the joint. The fans have other ideas on the matter.

Of course it's $Bill's fault.  That's my point.  Look at the Bulls.  They've sucked for quite a few years now, but they still sell plenty of tickets.  Why?  Because there is a perception that they are trying to put something together.  The Hawks have the perception of putting crap on the ice and expecting fans to fill the joint.  The fans have other ideas on the matter.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Plus JR shows the games on TV regardless if sell out or not

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 06:45 AM)
-The knothole won't have a view, like the Cubs said it would.

-The Club won't be accessible to "regular" season ticketholders, it will be sold separately as a luxury suite.

-The new bleacher seats will cost $60 or $20 more per game than the regular old bleachers.

-The ballhawks are going to be SOL.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

In a related story, Chicago White Sox marketing director Brooks Boyer announced that the knothole view of the Bullpen Sports Bar and Grill in right field at US Cellular Field will be obscured by the Commissioner's Trophy.