Uh-Oh, now it's MR. Gretsky

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
Why are we so harsh on people gambling on events like the super bowl and march madness?

LOL, because the government doesnt like when people are making tons of money and they arent getting a cut.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
An illegal gambling ring with mob ties is just a bit different than a night of fun at the sports book in Vegas.

Bingo.

This is gonna be huge, people. You watch, I'll bet they were gambling on hockey too.

QUOTE(mreye @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Bingo.

This is gonna be huge, people. You watch, I'll bet they were gambling on hockey too.

Riight. They said it was a half dozen players betting, and they are investigating possible ties to a couple of alleged mobsters in Philly.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Gretzky's assistant and his wife supposedly ran a gambling ring. Gretzky has said he knows nothing about it. He sounds like Sammy Sosa and Raffy Palmiero to me.

LOL, I know he has a ton of loot so a few missing bucks here or there would go unnoticed, but my guess is his wife wasn't betting $20.00 in Super Bowl squares.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but I know Roenick has severe gambling issues.  I think his family wanted him to go through detox or whatever for it.

Supposedly he did spend time in 2 different centers in AZ last year. :huh

I love hockey; my honeymoon revolved around the Carolina Hurricanes. I really hate seeing this because regardless of how deep this goes and what they are betting on, because the media is running this full tilt, that's what people will be talking about instead of hockey being back and better than ever.

I am still going to go home, flip on Center Ice and watch the Canes take on the 'Ing in Tampa. It will be a VERY tough game as the 'Ing have the Canes' number (saw one of the losses but at that time the captain and a couple other players were on IR) - GO CANES!!

this has to be the worst year in Gretzkys life. He has had some other issues this year about his coaching and didnt he leave the team for a short period of time? i havent seen many good things about Gretzky on ESPN this year, I know that.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
this has to be the worst year in Gretzkys life.  He has had some other issues this year about his coaching and didnt he leave the team for a short period of time?  i havent seen many good things about Gretzky on ESPN this year, I know that.

His mom was sick and then died shortly after his return. I think there was another death in his family as well, but I could be wrong about that.