Sox on Oprah today again?

LosMediasBlancas

I just got a message saying Mark B. and Scott P. were on Oprah today. The details were sketchy, but a guest on the show is a Sox fan. He went down to N.O. to help with the Katrina relief efforts. I guess he sold his WS tix and used a lot of his money. I guess Mark's wife heard about it and told Mark. Mark talked to the Sox about hooking this guy up. So in the last few minutes of the Oprah show today, Mark and Scotty came out and showered this guy with Sox season tix, all star game tix, a jersey, he'll throw at the 1st pitch on opening day, he'll take batting practice in ST, etc.

Anyone else see this, or are they pulling my leg??

True

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200602/20...9_284_109.jhtml

Many people were touched by Ryan's story, including two very special people: Mark Buehrle and Scott Podsednik from the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox! Mark and Scott want to show their appreciation for what Ryan gave up to help those in need.

First, these Sox reps give Ryan a White Sox jersey—with his name on it! "It's not over—it gets better," Mark says. "We'd like you to wear that on opening day! We'd like you to come out and throw the first pitch at opening day!

Mark and Scott have more news for Ryan—before opening day, Ryan and a guest will be flown to White Sox spring training in Tucson, Arizona—to work out with the team!

Ryan is also now an official part of the White Sox family. Scott presents Ryan with the organization's Roland Hemond Award, which recognizes those who give of themselves for the benefit of others. "As a recipient of this award, the White Sox are going to fly you and a guest to the 2006 All-Star Game in Pittsburgh," Scott says.

And as a coup de grace, the White Sox are going to pay for Ryan's season tickets this season!

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
Yeah, TiVo does too, which is what I have, I have just heard of others having problems like getting cut off.

You know how to go into the recording options and have it record 10 minutes past the end..?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Question.

Is Oprah still a fat,  nasty blob?  I just want to know so I can prepare myself when I watch the show tonight.

I don't know, but in a poll which asked "Would _____ make a good president?" She beat Ted Kennedy.

For the record ... McCain, Gulianni, Hillary were the top three. In that order.

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
The Sox organization and the players as individuals continue to merit A+ in the P.R. Dept.  Great work!

This is the sort of stuff that will indeed make Chicago a Sox town (despite Cubune polls) and make the Sox a national force.

or at least boost our female fan base......

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
Just caught it.  It's on at 4 here. 

Buehrle sounded like the nervous one, voice shaking a bit.  Pods sounded like he was reading a cue card.

"Oh damn, I wonder what'll happen when the wife sees this" (scott's thoughts)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
Just caught it.  It's on at 4 here. 

Buehrle sounded like the nervous one, voice shaking a bit.  Pods sounded like he was reading a cue card.

^^^

the way both talked made it kind of funny. plus how the guy who was getting the stuff was kinda pacing back and forth head in hands...

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Question.

Is Oprah still a fat,  nasty blob?  I just want to know so I can prepare myself when I watch the show tonight.

Take out blob, insert "snob" and you'll be correct.