Dirk Nowitzki

Elton Brand

Paul Gasol

Kevin Garnett

Shawn Marion

Snubs:

Carmelo Anthony

Chris Paul

Wow, 3 guys averaging over 25 ppg didn't make the all-star team. Rip over Arenas and Redd? Is Rasheed Wallace really all-star caliber? The only guy I really dispute making it in the West is Gasol. He's a good player. But Carmelo is having a fine year.

I really don't think there should have been 4 Pistons on the East squad. I have no real problem with Billups and Rip, and I guess Ben Wallace should go since they need big guys, but Rasheed was too much. I'd rather have seen Dwight Howard if they absolutely needed another big guy. I have a bigger problem with Arenas getting snubbed than Redd. It's hard to argue against Carter and Pierce though. If I had to drop a guard it'd be Rip, but he's pretty good in his own right. Chris Paul definitely should have gone. That kid is a stud, and he is the main reason that the Hornets are overacheiving so much. I'd have dropped Ray Allen. He's pretty good, but his team is struggling way too much.

As well as the Pistons are playing this year, I think only having 3 of their guys would almost be an insult to the rest of that team. Each one of them is playing great, and the fact that each of them is playing so well keeps the numbers of the others down a little bit compared to where they would be on, let's say the Lakers.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
I really don't think there should have been 4 Pistons on the East squad. I have no real problem with Billups and Rip, and I guess Ben Wallace should go since they need big guys, but Rasheed was too much. I'd rather have seen Dwight Howard if they absolutely needed another big guy. I have a bigger problem with Arenas getting snubbed than Redd. It's hard to argue against Carter and Pierce though. If I had to drop a guard it'd be Rip, but he's pretty good in his own right. Chris Paul definitely should have gone. That kid is a stud, and he is the main reason that the Hornets are overacheiving so much. I'd have dropped Ray Allen. He's pretty good, but his team is struggling way too much.

The Sonics actually have been playing well and are at or over .500. I would have liked to seen Paul in the big game though as well. I would've removed Parker for him since they're both PG's.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
The Sonics actually have been playing well and are at or over .500. I would have liked to seen Paul in the big game though as well. I would've removed Parker for him since they're both PG's.

Actually, Seattle is 19-30.

You got to leave Parker on there, that guy has been huge. With Ginobili missing time and Duncan banged up, he's been keeping San Antonio near the top of the league. He averaging about 20 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds, which is definitely all-star material.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)

Parker is having an outstanding year. It's been him, not Duncan, who's really led them this year. Last I checked he was leading the league in points in the paint and shooting a mindboggling 55% from the field. That's unheard of from a pg. I think Paul should've made it. But not at Parker's expense.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)

Wow. Eleven games under is nowhere near .500. Were you thinking of last year?

And as much as I like Paul, I'm fine with the selections. He'll get his due in time. And I certainly wouldn't drop Parker. Twenty and six dimes for the best team in the West while holding it down with Duncan and Manu hurting should get you in.

I'd maybe drop rip for Arenas...

Don't feel sorry for Paul. He and Felton will make the All-Star team many times in their future, as good as Paul has been, its tough to argue putting him over Nash or Parker who have equal numbers and are on better teams. Nice to see Rasheed get chosen for his efforts and sacrifices, but I think either he or Rip shouldn't have been named.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Don't feel sorry for Paul. He and Felton will make the All-Star team many times in their future, as good as Paul has been, its tough to argue putting him over Nash or Parker who have equal numbers and are on better teams. Nice to see Rasheed get chosen for his efforts and sacrifices, but I think either he or Rip shouldn't have been named.

True. Unless you're having a flat out freakish/monster like season, such as Michael in 85, Shaq in 93 or Duncan in 98, a first year player is not likely to make it.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Nocioni was snubbed, IMO

Unknowns by the casual fan ( and yes i use casual fan alot when talking about the nba because there are so damn many) do not get into these any of these very competitions very often. They was well knowns and big names... which is understandable.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
1st of all, was Tayshuan Prince voted as a starter? 2nd, this is just dumb. 4 Pistons. Please. These guys are thugs. They aren't that good. The only one who deserves it is Billups.

No, Prince was not voted as a starter. If he was, I would quit the NBA forever. And the Pistons are hardly thugs. You must be thinking the Bad Boys of the late 80's and early 90's.

No,  Prince was not voted as a starter.  If he was,  I would quit the NBA forever.  And the Pistons are hardly thugs.  You must be thinking the Bad Boys of the late 80's and early 90's.

The Wallace brothers are responsible for the brawl, not Artest. That's why they're thugs. And there fans aren't very nice people. They're rude, obnoixuis, and dumb, and drunken bastards. They're like Cubs fans multiplied by Yankees fans. Cubs fans are drunk and stupid and somewhat rude, Yankees fans are very rude and obniouxus

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
The Wallace brothers are responsible for the brawl, not Artest. That's why they're thugs. And there fans aren't very nice people. They're rude, obnoixuis, and dumb, and drunken bastards. They're like Cubs fans multiplied by Yankees fans. Cubs fans are drunk and stupid and somewhat rude, Yankees fans are very rude and obniouxus

WTF? What did Ben and Rasheed have to do with some idiot fan throwing a cup of whatever on Artest?