Bulls @ kings...

qwerty

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
I'd take him over Kaman.  And you would expect the 7th player picked to be ranked between 5-7 among those players, no?

You'd think so, but historically it's not really the case. I saw something on success rate a while ago, and I think the success rate for like the 24th pick was as high as it is for the 4th pick (or something like that, don't remember the exact numbers).

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
I'd take him over Kaman.  And you would expect the 7th player picked to be ranked between 5-7 among those players, no?

Kaman keeps playing like this... and i think he will get into the 15-10.5- 2.5 range i would probally take him over hinrich. Double doubles are hard to come by and he of course shoots a much better percentage. He can just be an ugly mean bastard defensively too.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
You'd think so, but historically it's not really the case. I saw something on success rate a while ago, and I think the success rate for like the 24th pick was as high as it is for the 4th pick (or something like that, don't remember the exact numbers).

Yes but the players picked above Hinrich were all great picks that seemed like sure things. Most people would have expect Hinrich to be worse than Bron, Melo, Wade, and Bosh.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Or because he plays 42 minutes a game shoots 48%... shoots a similar percentage on threes... seven rebounds per game... 6.5 assists per game ( same as hinrich)... he turns it over once more per game but he has the ball in his hands nearly twice per game because of their offense... third in the league per points... 1.63 steals + .88 blocks per game. The dude has an all around game. His defense is not top notch but that is because he gets lazy defensively at times because he goes so hard on the offensive side of the floor.

To say he doesn't play defense is moronic... but you are content with arguably the worst player out of the first seven picks.

Lebron's defense could be absolutely amazing if he ever commits to it. And he already is one of the best offensive and all around players in the league. Anyone who doesn't see that is crazy.

But you can't make an argument that Hinrich is the worst of the 7 picks as Darko as played about 3 minutes in his career so far. But obviously Hinrich is not at the level of Carmelo, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Kaman is looking great lately. Probably would but Hinrich 6th, and there are players taken behind him who are either at his level or above him in TJ Ford, Boris Diaw, and David West. Out of all the years to not have a top 5 draft choice. :crying

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Lebron's defense could be absolutely amazing if he ever commits to it.  And he already is one of the best offensive and all around players in the league.  Anyone who doesn't see that is crazy.

But you can't make an argument that Hinrich is the worst of the 7 picks as Darko as played about 3 minutes in his career so far.  But obviously Hinrich is not at the level of Carmelo, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Kaman is looking great lately.  Probably would but Hinrich 6th, and there are players taken behind him who are either at his level or above him in TJ Ford, Boris Diaw, and David West.  Out of all the years to not have a top 5 draft choice. :crying

Going by potential i see hinrich as the worst of the bunch. Of course i am still a big darko fan and really like what kaman brings to the table.

It does amaze me how we had top picks in all the wrong years... well we did get brand but he didn't like it here anyway. He was leaving as soon as he could via free agency.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
Lebron's defense could be absolutely amazing if he ever commits to it.  And he already is one of the best offensive and all around players in the league.  Anyone who doesn't see that is crazy.

But you can't make an argument that Hinrich is the worst of the 7 picks as Darko as played about 3 minutes in his career so far.  But obviously Hinrich is not at the level of Carmelo, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Kaman is looking great lately.  Probably would but Hinrich 6th, and there are players taken behind him who are either at his level or above him in TJ Ford, Boris Diaw, and David West.  Out of all the years to not have a top 5 draft choice. :crying

darko, ford, diaw, or west would not have come in and helped the Bulls like Kirk did...Who will be better in the long run remains to be seen...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
darko, ford, diaw, or west would not have come in and helped the Bulls like Kirk did...Who will be better in the long run remains to be seen...

Didn't say they would have. But its not like Hinrich has led the Bulls anywhere although that obviously isn't his fault.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
And if you look at like the next 15 (or more) picks, there's nobody else that's better.  It was a good pick at that spot.

He is arguing that hinrich is a better player than lebron f***ing james... the same guy who will go down as one of the best players ever and probally the greatest of the decade. Just retarded to me. I am not arguing that it was a bad pick btw.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
Proof?

Oh, or maybe it's just speculation...He said he would have stayed as recently as yesterday in the trib...

It was all over the place that he wanted out and never liked the directiont he bulls were going in. If you do not recal or believe it that's fine. Looking for ''proof'' is high on my list of things to do at the moment.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
Proof?

Oh, or maybe it's just speculation...He said he would have stayed as recently as yesterday in the trib...

That's not what I read 5 years ago. I remember reading him saying that he couldn't take all the losing. He never came out himself and said he wanted out. But his agent and those close to him all said he was gone the first chance he got.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Playoffs last year?

Sorry, I've never felt making the playoffs in the NBA is really that great of an accomplishment. For recent Bulls teams it is and I'll give him some credit for that, but a 1st round exit and right back to mediocrity isn't really leading a team somewhere IMO. Hinrich was the right pick at that slot though and I'm not going to argue otherwise.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Sorry, I've never felt making the playoffs in the NBA is really that great of an accomplishment.  For recent Bulls teams it is and I'll give him some credit for that, but a 1st round exit and right back to mediocrity isn't really leading a team somewhere IMO.  Hinrich was the right pick at that slot though and I'm not going to argue otherwise.

Fair enough, but he was an integral part of them getting the 3rd best record in the East. It wasn't a 7-8 seed one-and-done.

You just can't blame him for this year. It was almost expected when you consider there is no real post presence.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Sorry, I've never felt making the playoffs in the NBA is really that great of an accomplishment.  For recent Bulls teams it is and I'll give him some credit for that, but a 1st round exit and right back to mediocrity isn't really leading a team somewhere IMO.  Hinrich was the right pick at that slot though and I'm not going to argue otherwise.

That's definitely true. When more than half of the teams in the league make the playoffs, a first round out isn't all that impressive.