Timo is a RED!

sayitaintso

Timo Perez - OF - Reds

Reds signed outfielder Timo Perez to a minor league contract.

Fire Wayne Krivsky! Now we know why there were some rumors about the Twins being interested in Timo. Perez turns 31 in April and he's been a pretty brutal player outside of a surprising 2002 season. He's not worthy of a spot on Cincinnati's bench. No team can afford to carry both Timo and Tony Womack. Feb. 9 - 11:16 pm et

Perez, 30, was a reserve outfielder for the world champion Chicago White Sox last season, playing in 76 games and compiling a .218 batting average. Krivsky said he hopes Perez will be able to compete for a spot on the Reds' bench, but government red tape currently stands in the way.

"It's complicated," Krivsky said.

Perez, a Dominican citizen, currently holds a travel visa. That will allow him entry to the United States, but according to Krivsky, Perez is not permitted to play in any games for which admission is charged. As the Reds work to sort out the bureaucratic mess, the plan is for Perez to report to Sarasota on Feb. 26 for the start of minor league minicamp, with hopes that the visa problem is resolved.

If the paperwork goes through properly, Perez will be moved to big-league camp as a non-roster invitee and partici- pate in Grapefruit League games. In the meantime, he'll be restricted to "B" games and minor-league camp games once those begin in March.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Well I contributed exactly the same amount of offense to the Sox World Series title as Timo.

Hey...me, too!!! Damn it Gene, where're our rings? If we left right now, I bet we can get to the White House by Monday, too!!!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Well I contributed exactly the same amount of offense to the Sox World Series title as Timo.

You were actually probably more helpful than Timo was, since Timo likely cost the Sox runs/wins, rather than helped.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-DOZEN-12-TIMO-PEREZ-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Below Wholesale!

This just made my day.

Of course if you can't afford a Timo ball for every month of the year, you can also get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Timo-Perez-White-Sox-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

those will be worth millions