Playing the fear card?

southsider2k5

Harry Reid

http://reid.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=250689

"Americans have heard tough talk from President Bush over the last five years, but the reality is, his policies have made America less safe."

John Kerry

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/27/kerry.security/

Bush "made America less safe."

Nancy Pelosi

http://democraticmajority.com/content/66/k...-iraq-amendment

"the Iraq war has made us less safe, and led to squandered opportunities to fight global terror because of the allocation of resources in Iraq."

Teddy Kennedy

http://democraticmajority.com/content/66/k...-iraq-amendment

"This president has made us less safe, not more safe."

I am noticing a theme here...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)

Yup. I said months ago (and so did others) that the Dems should try to turn the security issue around and point it at the GOP, if they want to really rake it in in the '06 midterms. Evan Bayh made a big statement that way too, a few weeks ago. Now the talking heads of the liberal set are doing it. No surprise here.

If you want to call Hillarity stupid for criticizing the Administration for playing the fear card while the Dems are doing the same thing, go ahead, that makes sense.

But when the Vice President told us that, to paraphrase, if we voted for John Kerry in 2004 there was a danger we'd be attacked again, I think anyone who supports Bush has given up the right to criticize someone for "playing the fear card". (and you know as well as I do that's just the tip of the iceberg)

Less Safe??? Now that is a good laugh mainly because of all the money Clinton took from the military. And it seems funny that after both 9/11 and the beginning of the Iraq war the liberals all said Bush was doing a solid job, and now just because the war has lost popularity the liberals are now saying that Bush is keeping us less safe?

I guess we could always use the John Kerry line: "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.”

Could you imagine somebody like him being president, now that is scary.

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
Less Safe???  Now that is a good laugh mainly because of all the money Clinton took from the military.  And it seems funny that after both 9/11 and the beginning of the Iraq war the liberals all said Bush was doing a solid job, and now just because the war has lost popularity the liberals are now saying that Bush is keeping us less safe? 

I guess we could always use the John Kerry line:  "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.”

Could you imagine a civilian spouting off more party talking points than you just did? Now that is scary.

Could you imagine a civilian spouting off more party talking points than you just did? Now that is scary.

One thing I have yet to see any liberal dispute the fact that they flip-flop on every important issue, until they get united and take a firm stance on something then us conservatives have no worries

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
If you want to call Hillarity stupid for criticizing the Administration for playing the fear card while the Dems are doing the same thing, go ahead, that makes sense. 

But when the Vice President told us that, to paraphrase, if we voted for John Kerry in 2004 there was a danger we'd be attacked again, I think anyone who supports Bush has given up the right to criticize someone for "playing the fear card".  (and you know as well as I do that's just the tip of the iceberg)

Who criticized prior to your post?

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
One thing I have yet to see any liberal dispute the fact that they flip-flop on every important issue, until they get united and take a firm stance on something then us conservatives have no worries

And yet more talking points. Politics is easy when you see either party as one giant band of clones, isn't it?

:rolly

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
And yet more talking points.  Politics is easy when you see either party as one giant band of clones, isn't it?

And the quotes that started this thread aren't Democratic "talking points"? Politics are so screwed up.

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Less Safe???  Now that is a good laugh mainly because of all the money Clinton took from the military.  And it seems funny that after both 9/11 and the beginning of the Iraq war the liberals all said Bush was doing a solid job, and now just because the war has lost popularity the liberals are now saying that Bush is keeping us less safe? 

I guess we could always use the John Kerry line:  "I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.”

Is that sort of like George Bush being against DHS before he was for it?

And yet more talking points.  Politics is easy when you see either party as one giant band of clones, isn't it?

There are democrats I like I think for the Demo's to regain the white house they will need to nomiate someone who is a moderate the extreme liberals like Kerry, Gore, Dean have no chance.

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
There are democrats I like I think for the Demo's to regain the white house they will need to nomiate someone who is a moderate the extreme liberals like Kerry, Gore, Dean have no chance.

Extreme liberals?!?! You have got to stop listening to Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly cause that's total bulls***!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
I love how both parties play the fear card, yet neither has an actual plan to make things better.  There is a reason I purposely didn't vote in 2004, and why that trend will continue; both parties name call and mud sling, but neither has anything resembling an actual plan.

With all due respect, did you actually get to know who was running in your district?

I can understand why you might feel that way with the President's election - but your Congressman, your Senator, your state legislator? They aren't all the same.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 12, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Extreme liberals?!?!  You have got to stop listening to Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly cause that's total bulls***!

John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean, Algore, Hillary Clinton (although she's trying to pass off as a "moderate"), etc. are pretty damn liberal.