white sox tickets

rventura23

So I went on whitesox.com to get my advanced tickets assuming I could still get some good seats. Most of the games I wanted to get (including Tor and Minn, which are not the best selling seats) had me out in the outfield with possible viewing obstruction warnings.

I guess its good news that the sox tickets are selling so well, but I was hoping for a little better seats!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
So I went on whitesox.com to get my advanced tickets assuming I could still get some good seats.  Most of the games I wanted to get (including Tor and Minn, which are not the best selling seats) had me out in the outfield with possible viewing obstruction warnings. 

I guess its good news that the sox tickets are selling so well, but I was hoping for a little better seats!

This year is gonna be quite different as far as getting tickets.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Upper Deck Box either. People may grumble about not having lower level access but I couldn't care less. The beer is just as cold and the Polish is just as good up there as it is downstairs and the bathroom lines aren't as bad.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Upper Deck Box either. People may grumble about not having lower level access but I couldn't care less. The beer is just as cold and the Polish is just as good up there as it is downstairs and the bathroom lines aren't as bad.

and i agree totally. The UD is not hell on earth like most think. It's actually quite nice and there's a good view of the game in every seat.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)

Its not as good as sitting on the lower level.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:51 AM)
Its not as good as sitting on the lower level.

No doubt. Just glad 27 of my games are lower. I have row 21 for opening day, in the UD. I know this, that ain't where I'll be sitting. I guess some of my buddies will find out where they lie on the totem pole.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
No doubt.  Just glad 27 of my games are lower.  I have row 21 for opening day, in the UD.  I know this, that ain't where I'll be sitting.  I guess some of my buddies will find out where they lie on the totem pole.

I had to grab UD opening day extras and 5 for the 2nd game. I will have to sell my 2 tix for one of those dates. I absolutley hate sitting in the UD after being in the LL all this time.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Not even sure that makes sense, what point are you trying to convey?

Just saying. Last year, we complain about not getting enough good press and that attendance wasn't good enough.

Now we're complaining that we're getting too much good press and we can't get a good ticket. Of course this is to a lighter degree.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
Just saying.  Last year, we complain about not getting enough good press and that attendance wasn't good enough.

Now we're complaining that we're getting too much good press and we can't get a good ticket.  Of course this is to a lighter degree.

Im not complaining. The only UD tickets that I will use is opening day. I bought the rest to unload. I sit in the lower bowl and I am happy that I do.

On the attendance note, i have said all along I like it better when the park is empty, but thats just me.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Im not complaining.  The only UD tickets that I will use is opening day.  I bought the rest to unload.  I sit in the lower bowl and I am happy that I do.

On the attendance note, i have said all along I like it better when the park is empty, but thats just me.

If you are a season ticket holder in the UD, you do have access to the lower level (just for those who don't know that).

And I actually had the choice between Row 1 in the UD and much further back in the lower deck, and I chose UD. Front row anywhere in the stadium is hard to pass up. We're right above 1B.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
If you are a season ticket holder in the UD, you do have access to the lower level (just for those who don't know that).

And I actually had the choice between Row 1 in the UD and much further back in the lower deck, and I chose UD.  Front row anywhere in the stadium is hard to pass up.  We're right above 1B.

I'll be about 7 rows behind you.....throwing peanuts at your head.... :P :D

QUOTE(FGarcia34 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I scored 2 tickets to Opening day, 4 to Game 2, and 2 to the entire cubs series.  All of which are in the UD and I cant be more satisfied.  These tickets of course go along with the 27 other games I have, this is going to be one hell of a year.  :gosox3:

how did u manage to do that? I'm pretty sure their is a 2 ticket limit to opening day and the cubs games. That's 2 tickets combined. Expect some of your orders not going through. I'm just going by what my ticket rep said and the emails. Hopefully it works for you.

I should have stated why I mentioned the White Sox can't please all White Sox fans so I'll try to do that now.

After hearing all the crap in Oct about the availability of playoff tix(Which was caused by the shrinking of the Upper Deck by 6000+ seats, which was brought on by fans griping), I really have no patience towards peoples' criticism of Comiskey or of the club's ticketing policy considering how much the organization has put into the park over the last 4 years and of how hard the marketing staff (Particularly Brooks Boyer) has worked to make the club more fan friendly. All I keep reading now, even after the Team has just won the friggin' World Series, is why can't they make all the seats green, why aren't there more lower deck seats for games, why aren't there more seats for Opening Night, the Upper Deck still sucks (Which it doesn't and never did till the row chop in which you now have obstructed views with the poles and less tickets for fans). It's like, what else do the Sox hafta to do to please? :banghead

QUOTE(Allsox @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I should have stated why I mentioned the White Sox can't please all White Sox fans so I'll try to do that now. 

After hearing all the crap in Oct about the availability of playoff tix(Which was caused by the shrinking of the Upper Deck by 6000+ seats, which was brought on by fans griping), I really have no patience towards peoples' criticism of Comiskey or of the club's ticketing policy considering how much the organization has put into the park over the last 4 years and of how hard the marketing staff (Particularly Brooks Boyer) has worked to make the club more fan friendly. All I keep reading now, even after the Team has just won the friggin' World Series, is why can't they make all the seats green, why aren't there more lower deck seats for games, why aren't there more seats for Opening Night, the Upper Deck still sucks (Which it doesn't and never did till the row chop in which you now have obstructed views with the poles and less tickets for fans). It's like, what else do the Sox hafta to do to please?  :banghead

75,000 unobstructed view, front row, lower deck seats that are always sold out, green of course, with 16 new sets of bathrooms included so that there aren't any lines. Oh yeah, and half price nights, every night. Plus they need to go 173-0... at least.