Those 3 words

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
This board is probably 98% male, so this is a good study group.  How often do you tell your wife or GF that you love her?  I don't mean, "yeah, me too" as a response to when she says it first, or on a cheesy card some stranger wrote.

I mean how often do you say "I love you"?

Its something that I say to my wife all the time. Its hopefully something that married people, people who are engaged or people who are in love have no problem saying and expressing.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
This board is probably 98% male, so this is a good study group.  How often do you tell your wife or GF that you love her?  I don't mean, "yeah, me too" as a response to when she says it first, or on a cheesy card some stranger wrote.

I mean how often do you say "I love you"?

Oh, I have some thoughts on this matter. Back when I was teenager (no smartass comments!) I would read in Dear Abby or Ann Landers oodles and gobs of women writing in saying "He never says ILY first" or "He never does the little things" blah, blah, blah. Well, I made a mental note of this and as I went through my marriage I ALWAYS told my wife "I love you." when either one of left for work, or the grocery, or wherever. I usually got home from work before her, and I'd meet here at the door with a kiss and "I love you." Guess what that got me? All my efforts were taken for granted and didn't mean a damn thing to her. That said, I still believe that is the way to go. I believe it is important to know you are loved and I'm not shy about telling my current lady, and, I hope, future wife that I love her. I make a point of it and will continue to do so.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
Oh, I have some thoughts on this matter.  Back when I was teenager (no smartass comments!)  I would read in Dear Abby or Ann Landers oodles and gobs of women writing in saying "He never says ILY first"  or  "He never does the little things" blah, blah, blah.  Well, I made a mental note of this and as I went through my marriage I ALWAYS told my wife "I love you." when either one of left for work, or the grocery, or wherever.  I usually got home from work before her, and I'd meet here at the door with a kiss and "I love you."  Guess what that got me?  All my efforts were taken for granted and didn't mean a damn thing to her.  That said, I still believe that is the way to go.  I believe it is important to know you are loved and I'm not shy about telling my current lady, and, I hope, future wife that I love her.  I make a point of it and will continue to do so.

They had Dear Abby on stone tablets? :P

Wife, daughter, son, many times through the day. Plus lots of hugs and kisses. I won't part company with any of them without telling them, or without a hug and a kiss.

The dog I call an "idiot" though.

...or on a cheesy card some stranger wrote.

I also make my own cards. Have ever since I was a little kid.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
I also make my own cards. Have ever since I was a little kid.

I do that a lot, too.

Made a Valentine's day one for the kid last night.

Haven't spoken to the family yet today*, so I'm sure I'll get her opinion of it when I get home.

* The wife and kid went to the movies after school today, seeing Curious George with my daughter's best friend and her mom.

This may ruin the point of the question, but I don't think it's so much the amount that matters, it's how much you mean it. To say it just to say it daily is one thing, but to tell someone you "love them to death" and then the next week say "well maybe not" kind of takes away the impact. Just an example of course, and kind of extreme..but you get the point :bang

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
This may ruin the point of the question, but I don't think it's so much the amount that matters, it's how much you mean it. To say it just to say it daily is one thing, but to tell someone you "love them to death" and then the next week say "well maybe not" kind of takes away the impact. Just an example of course, and kind of extreme..but you get the point :bang

I don't believe you can tell anybody too much, especially your kids. I've been telling my wife it everyday for 12 years now, and I bet she would say that it hasn't worn off. It means something everytime, but certains it means a little more.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
I don't believe you can tell anybody too much, especially your kids. I've been telling my wife it everyday for 12 years now, and I bet she would say that it hasn't worn off. It means something everytime, but certains it means a little more.

I see a lot of people go through the quick peck and "love ya" routine as they're parting company with their spouses. It never looks very sincere, it looks routine.