Those 3 words

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
I see a lot of people go through the quick peck and "love ya" routine as they're parting company with their spouses.  It never looks very sincere, it looks routine.

But don't you think it depends on the people? My wife knows me, and even though it might be a quick peck and "love ya", she knows it takes a lot for me to even shake hands with a person. I place very little trust in anybody, and I do NOT like any physical contact with people, even close friends. So she knows that anytime I give a quick peck, or say something of the sort, it means a lot.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
But don't you think it depends on the people? My wife knows me, and even though it might be a quick peck and "love ya", she knows it takes a lot for me to even shake hands with a person. I place very little trust in anybody, and I do NOT like any physical contact with people, even close friends. So she knows that anytime I give a quick peck, or say something of the sort, it means a lot.

I totally agree. I have no idea what kind of relationship people have or how they communicate with their spouses. It just often times looks cold and routine.

I asked because this question because a group of us were sitting around talking about it and only a few say it every day.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
I asked because this question because a group of us were sitting around talking about it and only a few say it every day.

I had a girlfriend once who would cringe when people would say "sorry". She felt that most times people say it they really don't mean it. I agreed with her. Then proceeded to say it often joking around with her. Then when I broke up with her, I made sure I didn't say "sorry".

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 12:21 PM)
I see a lot of people go through the quick peck and "love ya" routine as they're parting company with their spouses.  It never looks very sincere, it looks routine.

It's true. My parents and I do the quick love you bye thing at the end of phone conversations. We're not a lovey touchy kind of family.

It's actually come to be a habit for me when I end phone conversatiosn to throw in the "love you bye." I've actually done it (the worst was when I did it on a voice mail--then called back immediately to explain my out of place love you). Also from dating someone through college it took me a long time of breaking the lean over and give a kiss as you get out of a car. It just became habit.

My best friend dated some girl for about 3 weeks when he accidently said "goodnight love ya babe" via text message. Her response was "wait what you love me" he isnt the most experianced and quickest thinking of guys and instead of explaining he was just being cute he panicked and said something like uhh uhhh maybe yeah i dunno i think so. Well this started a chain reaction of awkard get togethers and conversations ending in her breaking up with him a few days later via MYSPACE. and its not like they are 14 or 15 they are both 19 years old. He still gets some hell about this from his buddys but diservingly so. oh and we make fun of her all the time for using myspace as a break up tool. thats just so lame.

Edited by joemg311

QUOTE(joemg311 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
My best friend dated some girl for about 3 weeks when he accidently said "goodnight love ya babe" via text message. Her response was "wait what you love me" he isnt the most experianced and quickest thinking of guys and instead of explaining he was just being cute he panicked and said something like uhh uhhh maybe yeah i dunno i think so. Well this started a chain reaction of awkard get togethers and conversations ending in her breaking up with him a few days later via MYSPACE. and its not like they are 14 or 15 they are both 19 years old. He still gets some hell about this from his buddys but diservingly so. oh and we make fun of her all the time for using myspace as a break up tool. thats just so lame.

That's pretty damn funny. It becomes too easy and fast to type/text stuff all the time. Send something too fast and then it's too late :chair