Internet Date Results In Woman's Death

Steff

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0206/301210.html

Towson, Md. (AP) - Baltimore County Police found 27-year-old Josie Phyllis Brown of Buena Vista Lane dead last night at an interchange near Interstate 95 and Interstate 695 in Arbutus.They have charged a Catonsville man whom she met on a popular Internet Web site with first-degree murder.

John Gaumer, 22, is being held without bail. Gaumer lives on the University of Maryland Baltimore County campus, but it's not clear if he was a student there.

The woman was reported missing last month in Baltimore City. Police say Gaumer was developed as a suspect in her disappearance and admitted he killed her.

According to County Police spokesman Bill Toohey, Gaumer said he met the woman on the Myspace.com Web site and took her on a date Dec. 28.

Gaumer told police they started arguing in his car and he left the woman on the ramp from southbound I-95 to the Inner Loop of the Baltimore Beltway. Gaumer told police he returned, there was another argument, and he admitted throwing the woman down an embankment and beating her with a blunt object.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0206/301210.html

Towson, Md. (AP) - Baltimore County Police found 27-year-old Josie Phyllis Brown of Buena Vista Lane dead last night at an interchange near Interstate 95 and Interstate 695 in Arbutus.They have charged a Catonsville man whom she met on a popular Internet Web site with first-degree murder.

John Gaumer, 22, is being held without bail. Gaumer lives on the University of Maryland Baltimore County campus, but it's not clear if he was a student there.

The woman was reported missing last month in Baltimore City. Police say Gaumer was developed as a suspect in her disappearance and admitted he killed her.

According to County Police spokesman Bill Toohey, Gaumer said he met the woman on the Myspace.com Web site and took her on a date Dec. 28.

Gaumer told police they started arguing in his car and he left the woman on the ramp from southbound I-95 to the Inner Loop of the Baltimore Beltway. Gaumer told police he returned, there was another argument, and he admitted throwing the woman down an embankment and beating her with a blunt object.

Damn. That's crazy.

Well, I met my wife 'online'. The funny thing was, my ex-girlfriend signed me up for it sort of as a joke. Actually she was the one that was (at least) pyscho looking back.

I don't think my wife is pyscho or going to kill me, at least the last time I checked. :lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
Well when you have this many million people meeting through the internet, odds are stories like this will happen.  I mean people get murdered by folks they meet in a more conventional manner too.  There are psychos all over, regardless of if it's the internet or the club.

"There are psychos all over, regardless of if it's the internet or the club."

Not on SoxTalk.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
"There are psychos all over, regardless of if it's the internet or the club."

Not on SoxTalk.

Well obviously I wasn't counting SoxTalk, everybody here is perfectly normal and that's why I fit right in.

A guy I work with just left the company to go be with the girl he has had a 4 year online relationship with.

I/we work in Crystal Lake, he was in Cary. Illinois.

The girl he moved in with and the place he relocated to?

Indonesia.

Ha that's pretty wild, but if they turn out to last, more power to them.