New Abu Ghraib Photos Likely to Cause Stir

KipWellsFan

Kip picked a rather mild picture to post when compared to the others featured on the website. It's obvious prisoners where physically abused. One in particualr--the third featured in the link below--makes you wonder what the hell happened. Blood splatter from that could either be caused by banging someones head in the ground or shooting them.

http://smh.com.au/photogallery/2006/02/15/...970.html?page=3

This story is so old. The media has no time to show pictures of the Danish cartoons, but they can show two year old photos of Abu Ghraib.

Once again the hypocrisy of the MSM is apparent. They have no shame.

I can't wait to hear their excuse about running these new photos as opposed to not running the cartoons.

What Media Bias????????????????????????????????????????????

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
This story is so old. The media has no time to show pictures of the Danish cartoons, but they can show two year old photos of Abu Ghraib.

I can't wait to hear their excuse about running these new photos as opposed to not running the cartoons.

:notworthy

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
I think the Danish cartoons have thus far gotten vastly more press than these photos have.  Aside from on blogs I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

Good Morning America this morning said the story was breaking news. How much more main stream do you need?

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
Good Morning America this morning said the story was breaking news. How much more main stream do you need?

Get back to me in a week and let me know how much coverage each has gotten. I'll wager these photos become old news before the Danish comics do, and that's even given the fact that the Danish Comics have been around for what, 4 months now, and have been talked about already for like 2 weeks?

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)

1) I would hardly call an australian newspaper the Mainstream American Media.

2) The american mainstream media only showed the very tame Abu Ghraib photos (i.e. ones with no blood).

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 11:19 AM)
1) I would hardly call an australian newspaper the Mainstream American Media.

2) The american mainstream media only showed the very tame Abu Ghraib photos (i.e. ones with no blood).

Why????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not sure why this is breaking news, it's a 2 year old story. What these troops did was wrong, there isn't a single picture I could see that would shock or surprise me, heads need to roll in the army for it, and it's very wrong. But this story is 2 years old, can we please find something else to talk about? It's not like there is a lack of U.S. f*** ups for us to bring up on the news.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
Because there's a court battle to release those photos publicly.

Because maybe there's a need for the public to see the worst as well as the best of what this battle we're fighting.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

I thought it was MR. Clean? :lolhitting

The Muslim cartoons were published in September, making those old hat.

The new Abu Ghraib photos getting published -- I just love the outrage over publishing them. As if publishing them is the evil act here. Sorry if I have a little logic and reason but it seems f***ING ABUSING PRISONERS IN CUSTODY is the crime here.

And allow me to grab a stick and stir the pot a little bit, but many of the people expressing their "outrage" about these photos being published have made lump generalizations in the past (i.e. the Danish drawings) saying that the actions of those rioting really spoke about the major beliefs of Islam and the way people think with Nuke even saying "So much for a religion of peace".

Well, if we apply that logic to the Abu Ghraib/Taguba Report/photos scandal, then can we make the same lump sum generalization about the US military? I mean if you're going to put Islam in one boat using that generalization based on the actions of a few, then you should be more than ready to do the same for the US military.

Note: That was just to the people who said that the riots etc. for the Danish papers spoke about all of Islam, not the sane rational people who said that the rioters were asshats and didn't represent all of Islam.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
The Muslim cartoons were published in September, making those old hat.

The new Abu Ghraib photos getting published -- I just love the outrage over publishing them.  As if publishing them is the evil act here.  Sorry if I have a little logic and reason but it seems f***ING ABUSING PRISONERS IN CUSTODY is the crime here.

And allow me to grab a stick and stir the pot a little bit, but many of the people expressing their "outrage" about these photos being published have made lump generalizations in the past (i.e. the Danish drawings) saying that the actions of those rioting really spoke about the major beliefs of Islam and the way people think with Nuke even saying "So much for a religion of peace".

Well, if we apply that logic to the Abu Ghraib/Taguba Report/photos scandal, then can we make the same lump sum generalization about the US military?  I mean if you're going to put Islam in one boat using that generalization based on the actions of a few, then you should be more than ready to do the same for the US military.

Note: That was just to the people who said that the riots etc. for the Danish papers spoke about all of Islam, not the sane rational people who said that the rioters were asshats and didn't represent all of Islam.

I figured youd show up here eventually.

I love how you're trying to equate Muslim thugs who are burning down everything in sight with the US military. I expected no less from the likes of you but you're forgetting one thing. While the Islamo-fascist governments of Iran and Syria are stirring up the pot trying to make as much out of this nothing as they can, the US government has punished those responsible for Abu Ghraib and they now sit in jail.

Apples and Oranges.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I figured youd show up here eventually.

I love how you're trying to equate Muslim thugs who are burning down everything in sight with the US military.  I expected no less from the likes of you but you're forgetting one thing.  While the Islamo-fascist governments of Iran and Syria are stirring up the pot trying to make as much out of this nothing as they can, the US government has punished those responsible for Abu Ghraib and they now sit in jail.

Apples and Oranges.

I'm just taking your logic to its extension.

You said that the behavior of a group of asshats determines the reputation for the whole group. If you don't like the way that I applied your logic then perhaps it is your logic that is faulty and not my example.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
While the Islamo-fascist governments of Iran and Syria are stirring up the pot trying to make as much out of this nothing as they can, the US government has punished those responsible for Abu Ghraib and they now sit in jail.

I agree. On this one, the US appears to have handled things as well as they could in the aftermath. It was embarrassing that it happened, but the offenders were exposed. I hope the military has continued their attempts to avoid that sort of behavior by our troops.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
I'm just taking your logic to its extension.

You said that the behavior of a group of asshats determines the reputation for the whole group.  If you don't like the way that I applied your logic then perhaps it is your logic that is faulty and not my example.

Only problem with that is that in your twisted little world the US is the root of all evil in the world and you use any opportunity you can grasp to try and make that point.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Only problem with that is that in your twisted little world the US is the root of all evil in the world and you use any opportunity you can grasp to try and make that point.

i think the reality is it is your twisted little world that because we criticise the administration we think the US is the root of all evil.