Rob M. in CF?

LosMediasBlancas

I'm worried about BA's confidence early in the season coming off the injury, obviously spring training will be more indicative of how he's feeling and what we can expect than more estabilished guys with a proven history.

Should make things more interesting though.

Borchard, if he even makes the team, will probably not be playing center, unless it's on one of Ozzie's crazy Sunday lineups.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can't believe theres anybody who actually thinks that Joe Borchard can be a starter in the majors. What in god's name have you seen from him that would even suggest that? Borchard offers power, and absolutely nothing else. Mediocre defense, mediocre arm, a BA under .200 and more strikeouts that any hitter should even come close to. You start him for a season and he'll K 200 times.

He'll be out of baseball before the end of next season.

QUOTE(R.J. @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can't believe theres anybody who actually thinks that Joe Borchard can be a starter in the majors. What in god's name have you seen from him that would even suggest that? Borchard offers power, and absolutely nothing else. Mediocre defense, mediocre arm, a BA under .200 and more strikeouts that any hitter should even come close to. You start him for a season and he'll K 200 times.

He'll be out of baseball before the end of next season.

I hope you're wrong about Borchard. But to this point, you're right. I do think Joe has a solid arm, though.

But the fact that the name Joe Borchard is mentioned in that article makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

That made me laugh. Funny line. I liked it.

Didn't Joe go 5-for-5 for us in September games last year?

I kind of like Joe. He should get a shot to play everyday somewhere and see if he's a young Thome or a stiff.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
I think if given an everyday job while he might start a little slow Borchard will suprise a lot of people.....and I think if one of our OF's does get hurt Borchard would be the guy to go to over Mackowiak.

I'm just going to pretend you forgot to put this in green and hope I'm right.

There's no shade of green suitable for a "yeah, I really like what I've seen from Joe Borchard, he could start" statement.

143:50 K:BB ratio last year.

There's not a team in baseball he could start for and stick with, and I'm including the Royals and Tampa.

If he's any more than our 5th outfielder, god help us.

(Fake Edit: Ok, he'd make the Marlins.)

Edited by R.J.

I think using Mackowiak in CF is a big no-no. He isn't here to be a CF. He is here to be a super sub and he has been one of the best utility guys in the game the last few years. Let Anderson play center. We don't need him to set the world on fire. Just hit .250-.270 with 15-20 Home Runs and play good defense.