WTC movie poster

Steff

I was skeptical about this movie when I heard about it a year or so ago, but after reading about it, I'm not totally against it. Supposedly, Oliver Stone is not going to show the planes flying into the buildings or anything that would be "distasteful", if that is the right word. Not to mention it is based on a true story.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Speaking of the WTC tragedy... and I assume this will soon head to the other forum... has anyone seen this? I'm in the middle of it for the first time. Thoughts...?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...&q=loose+change

i'm only 20 min in but it's really really really interesting... making me think quite a bit...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
i'm only 20 min in but it's really really really interesting... making me think quite a bit...

Some of it looks like something I've seen before, but from a different (new) source. I'm not one to buy into these things.. but it is damn interesting.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 05:06 PM)
Some of it looks like something I've seen before, but from a different (new) source. I'm not one to buy into these things.. but it is damn interesting.

yeah i mean it's not like i'm gonna start going around screaming conspiracy - but there are some very interesting coincidences and he does seem to have the quotes to back em up... hmm

The fact that they are making a movie about it pisses me off. The nation needs to move on from it, and making a movie reminding people of how horrible it was isn't going to help that. Chances are that the movie could lead to American hating people of middle eastern descent just as much, if not more, as when the event really happened. It might be differen for places like Chicago, but I'm willing to bet something like this rises up in New York and possibly here in New Jersey.

The fact that September 11th is my birthday sort of makes my opinion a bit biased on this matter, so be warned :P

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Speaking of the WTC tragedy... and I assume this will soon head to the other forum... has anyone seen this? I'm in the middle of it for the first time. Thoughts...?

It's the first time I've seen it. He has evidence there to back his accusations, but its really hard to imagine if what he says at the end is true. Once again it makes you think...

In particular those calls from the plane were very weird.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
My hope is that the memory of Sept. 11, 2001 stays respectful and low-key.

I would never want to hear people say "Oh, that poor guy got Twin Towered" the way people use the term "Pearl Harbored" now.

I've never heard that phrase.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
You've never heard the phrase "Pearl Harbored"?

really?

I haven't either. I agree though that America needs to move the f*** on. Typical US though, we'll milk anything for what it's worth. Then we'll be like, "Hell yeah, we're the best." We'll permantly change the name of french fries to freedom fries and we'll never visit a 7eleven or Dunkin' Donuts again."

This is a dumbass idea. Especially the fact that they won't show the actual plane crashings. I think you need to show everything. I see this as a bad movie that people will still rally around in the end.

If the video has any validity of being true, the irony in this is that Bush and his administration are as bad if not worse than Saddam.

there will always be arguments for conspiracy and arguments that refute them.....I'm on the fence.....though the video makes me lean towards the conspiracy. Until i see any video research and evidence that gives answers that refute the conspiracy, then will i believe the other way.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
My hope is that the memory of Sept. 11, 2001 stays respectful and low-key.

I would never want to hear people say "Oh, that poor guy got Twin Towered" the way people use the term "Pearl Harbored" now.

I don't think Oliver Stone is that type of director. A lot of his movies are over the top, but I don't think he's your typical Hollywoodized director. I guess I may see it knowing Stone is the director, but I'm sure it'll be a rather disturbing movie under the healm of Oliver Stone.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
It's been nearly 5 years since that happened,  and I still don't believe it.

wow. Maybe it's just me, but seeing that sentence made me think, "that was 5 years ago already?!"

Wow, i still don't believe it was that long ago

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)

Very interesting......here is a video I watched on YouTube that I found interesting. At first you might be like WTF, but there is quite a bit of evidence overall that makes you think, a lot of which is similar to your video.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=MZY4afOtKM8

I don't exactly think the U.S. did this, but I also find it hard to believe we had no clue it was coming.