Ozzie article in the new Sports Illustrated

Al Lopez's Ghost

Ozzie Guillen world titles: One

A-Rod's rings: ZERO

A-Rod is a fraud. Rather than being a savior in Texas, he b****ed until he got traded to a better situation. And since he's been traded, Texas has improved and the Yankees haven't won a ring. I can't wait until we play them this season and Buehrle handles him like usual.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad Ozzie speaks his mind.

Makes for some good entertainment.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
nope. Born in America, Miami I believe. Its ridiculous but no more than Piazza playing for Italy and there are a few other examples. A-Rod catches the heat because of two things: He's an easier target and high profile, and because the DR is a legitimate threat to win it all whereas Italy would not be

Another reason may be because Piazza wouldn't even make the American team. Look at team Italy, there are a ton of players on there that are representing Italy just becuase they couldn't make their birth countries team. Jason Grilli made Italy's team? Just one example.

It's possible that Ozzie actually is speaking on behalf of the greater Latino community. He did just come back from the Carribean and immediately he's saying this stuff. Maybe these people really don't want posers on their teams. Ozzie always seems to have a reason for what he says and does.

QUOTE(G&T @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
It's possible that Ozzie actually is speaking on behalf of the greater Latino community. He did just come back from the Carribean and immediately he's saying this stuff. Maybe these people really don't want posers on their teams. Ozzie always seems to have a reason for what he says and does.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you think Dominicans aren't proud of ARod and others born in the NY Dominican community, you're delusional.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Ozzie Guillen world titles: One

A-Rod's rings: ZERO

A-Rod is a fraud.  Rather than being a savior in Texas, he b****ed until he got traded to a better situation.  And since he's been traded, Texas has improved and the Yankees haven't won a ring. I can't wait until we play them this season and Buehrle handles him like usual. 

Also, as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad Ozzie speaks his mind.

Makes for some good entertainment.

Alex Rodriquez is the greatest baseball player in the world, one of the greatest of all time. Look at what he did in Texas, his play wasn't the reason they sucked, maybe his contract was, but how is it his fault Hicks offerred it to him? WS titiles have nothing to do with it. Rodriquez has dual citizenship. The DR and US wanted him on their team. He was in an unusual and awkward spot. Maybe he could have handled it better, I don't know, but its certainly not Ozzie Guillen's place to pop off about it. For a guy desperate to spend time with his family, maybe he ought to worry his family and no one else.

These comments always come at interesting times to say the least. Instead of the media putting the pressure back on us by talking up how we have to repeat, making us favorites or whatever, they're now talking about Ozzie. Maybe I'm giving Ozzie to much credit but it really wouldn't surprise me at all if he does this stuff to get the spotlight off the team.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
These comments always come at interesting times to say the least.  Instead of the media putting the pressure back on us by talking up how we have to repeat, making us favorites or whatever, they're now talking about Ozzie.  Maybe I'm giving Ozzie to much credit but it really wouldn't surprise me at all if he does this stuff to get the spotlight off the team.

If he thinks there is pressure on this team before the players have even reported to camp, what does he plan to say in mid September?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
Alex Rodriquez is the greatest baseball player in the world, one of the greatest of all time. Look at what he did in Texas, his play wasn't the reason they sucked, maybe his contract was, but how is it his fault Hicks offerred it to him? WS titiles have nothing to do with it. Rodriquez has dual citizenship. The DR and US wanted him on their team. He was in an unusual and awkward spot. Maybe he could have handled it better, I don't know, but its certainly not Ozzie Guillen's place to pop off about it. For a guy desperate to spend time with his family, maybe he ought to worry his family and no one else.

Well said.

I don't quite understand how Ozzie Guillen, a career '.264-.287-.338' player, has the right to say these things, regardless of how much i dislike Rodriguez.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
Well said. 

I don't quite understand how Ozzie Guillen, a career '.264-.287-.338' player, has the right to say these things, regardless of how much i dislike Rodriguez.

I have no clue how their playing careers have any thing to do with what Ozzie said.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
This thread has been here since last night at 9:36 P.M.  :huh

He only stops by when Sonsofsamhorn slows down for the night.

Forgive him for not realizing certain things are already posted on the board.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
I have no clue how their playing careers have any thing to do with what Ozzie said.

He's taking full advantage of his new celebrity status; i just can't imagine anybody caring if Timo Perez said this, two similar players in terms of how terrible they are/were at the sport.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
He's taking full advantage of his new celebrity status; i just can't imagine anybody caring if Timo Perez said this, two similar players in terms of how terrible they are/were at the sport.

Ok, but you basically said that Ozzie has no right to call out arod cause arod was a much better player.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)

He's always said what he thinks with no regard for what others think.

This is no different.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
He only stops by when Sonsofsamhorn slows down for the night.

Forgive him for not realizing certain things are already posted on the board.

This thread was barely on the first page and entirely mistitled, not to mention, others are making the same mistake i did. it made perfect sense to me who deleted it as soon as i saw your name on the first page, why? because it goes in line with past decisions/moves you've made, all of which, were poor.

i don't go to SoSH, for the umpteenth time, but carry on.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
This thread was barely on the first page and entirely mistitled, not to mention, others are making the same mistake i did.  it made perfect sense to me who deleted it as soon as i saw your name on the first page, why?  because it goes in line with past decisions/moves you've made, all of which, were poor.

i don't go to SoSH, for the umpteenth time, but carry on.

You don't even know what moves I make around here. There aren't very many, if any, when it comes to editing people.

Get over yourself, I don't even go out of my way to get at you anymore, you just insist on continuing to push things.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
He's always said what he thinks with no regard for what others think.

This is no different.

Thats beside the point, and I completely understand what your saying about Alex Rodriguez in your previous post, on top of the fact that I agree with what Ozzie is saying here.

It's just interesting that these remarks weren't made in the past, or i suppose its possible that he did make them, and nobody gave him the light of day prior to winning the Series...

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
Thats beside the point, and I completely understand what your saying about Alex Rodriguez in your previous post, on top of the fact that I agree with what Ozzie is saying here. 

It's just interesting that these remarks weren't made in the past, or i suppose its possible that he did make them, and nobody gave him the light of day prior to winning the Series...

Considering his comments had to do with arod's involvement in the wbc it might have been hard for him to make.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
You don't even know what moves I make around here.  There aren't very many, if any, when it comes to editing people.

Get over yourself, I don't even go out of my way to get at you anymore, you just insist on continuing to push things.

So your admitting that at one time you went out of your way to get at me, which resulted in the two suspensions i've served without probable cause?

Im all about forgiving and forgetting, if thats admitted, this problem is solved.