IU Coaching News

mreye

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
I know you'd love to see Indiana fail.  Good for you.

I don't want Few though.  Indiana's problem has been defense for most of Davis' tenure, and Few certainly won't know how to cure that.

No problem, anytime! :) I'm very interested to see who Indiana gets, the candidates out there aren't all that great, and this hire is very important in terms of what direction the Indiana program goes, as it could go either way right now.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
hahaha, right.  Kind of like all those those sanctions from Clarett's acusations.

I didn't say you will get sanctions, but there clearly was lack of institutional control and O'Brien did pay players. OSU deserves sanctions but they probably won't get anything.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
No problem, anytime!  :)  I'm very interested to see who Indiana gets, the candidates out there aren't all that great, and this hire is very important in terms of what direction the Indiana program goes, as it could go either way right now.

There are like 20 college coaches who are untouchable.

Consider anyone else fair game for this job.

Unfortunately, you seem to be under the impression that coaches won't want this job.

I beg to differ.

It will be highly coveted.

Also, if you want to just post negative remarks about IU's program continuously, why even post? Just stay in your ILL threads if you cannot exhibit class. Krush, Steve and Addy certainly don't have this problem you have.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
There are like 20 college coaches who are untouchable.

Consider anyone else fair game for this job.

Unfortunately, you seem to be under the impression that coaches won't want this job.

I beg to differ.

It will be highly coveted.

Also, if you want to just post negative remarks about IU's program continuously, why even post?  Just stay in your ILL threads if you cannot exhibit class.  Krush, Steve and Addy certainly don't have this problem you have.

I'm interested to know who all these people are. There are some great coaches out there obviously that would be interested in Indiana, but I'm not sure how much better off they'd be going to Indiana rather than staying at their current school. And my apologies if I don't suck the dick of all things Hoosiers to avoid disagreement, but I'm not one to simply agree with silly nonsense to avoid debate.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
I'm interested to know who all these people are.  There are some great coaches out there obviously that would be interested in Indiana, but I'm not sure how much better off they'd be going to Indiana rather than staying at their current school.  And my apologies if I don't suck the dick of all things Hoosiers to avoid disagreement, but I'm not one to simply agree with silly nonsense to avoid debate.

It's pretty simple then, stay out of these threads.

No one wants you in them.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
It's pretty simple then, stay out of these threads.

No one wants you in them.

^^^

The CBB thread is all your's now. I'm not sure what more you want. I thought you guys would be happy that the Indiana talk will be out of the thread now.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm still a bit miffed as to why Davis is even sticking around right now...Jay Bilas was saying the same thing last night

Eh, I understand what you're saying. However, either way, it's not going to make much of a difference. It will only affect this season, and this season doesn't mean much anymore.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
And my apologies if I don't suck the dick of all things Hoosiers to avoid disagreement, but I'm not one to simply agree with silly nonsense to avoid debate.

I agree with boz and I know i've said some things along these lines to you already, but whatever.

We've seen you do this before, the whole "anti everything non illini" and we've also seen you freak out about the illini pretty quickly. I'm thinking about the loss to OSU reaction.

There's absolutely no reason to say some of the things you say on here. A ton of us coincide perfectly well while discussing all things Big Ten, but for some reason you refuse to do so.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
admins getting snippy.  What is the board coming to?

Some people would like to talk about a particular subject without people interjecting their unwanted opinions.

If you want to talk about other college stuff, go in the main thread.

This for the Davis situation and IU's coaching vacancy, nothing else.

It's not being snippy. Read the thread title.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
At this point i see sunday's game against us as being a blowout or an absolute struggle (even a loss), i just don't know which extreme it will be.

who knows with this team anymore. Absolutely no consistently the past few weeks.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
At this point i see sunday's game against us as being a blowout or an absolute struggle (even a loss), i just don't know which extreme it will be.

Haha, I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about. We barely survived against you guys here. We're not a road team, never have been under Davis. I don't know if a "Rudy" type story is going to salvage this.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Haha, I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about.  We barely survived against you guys here.  We're not a road team, never have been under Davis.  I don't know if a "Rudy" type story is going to salvage this.

well for one, we were playing a hella lot better earlier this season, as were you guys. But now both teams are having a hell of a time.

And 2........penn state.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Haha, I really don't think you'll have anything to worry about.  We barely survived against you guys here.  We're not a road team, never have been under Davis.  I don't know if a "Rudy" type story is going to salvage this.

Like I said, it'll be near impossible to rally from this.

If somehow they did, they'd be lucky to win a tournament game operating in this atmosphere.

HAY GUISE, f*** IU, AM I RITE???

Go s*** up another thread.

I'm glad to see Davis go, but I honestly think this team would have been much, much better with a healthy DJ White around. The offense right now is just four guys shooting threes and Marco getting doubled down inside. That being said, I don't want to see Alford here in Bloomington. IU fans don't need a Hoosier to coach the team, we just need a winner.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)

Yeah i just think there will have to be some sort of reaction/respose to this Davis press conference. They can either lay down and die or they'll somehow come out and play with fire (maybe the pressure's off). Then on the other side you have us, who will either come out fired up and sick of struggling at home, or we'll be what we've been the past 2 home games and act like we'll win by just throwing our jerseys on. That's why i'm thinking blowout or total struggle, i'd be shocked if we won by whatever the spread is, like a 10 pt victory or something.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
HAY GUISE, f*** IU, AM I RITE???

Go s*** up another thread.

I'm glad to see Davis go, but I honestly think this team would have been much, much better with a healthy DJ White around. The offense right now is just four guys shooting threes and Marco getting doubled down inside. That being said, I don't want to see Alford here in Bloomington. IU fans don't need a Hoosier to coach the team, we just need a winner.

Good point. I see why people are saying 'one of our own', but really you just need someone that everyone will rally around, and yeah, someone who will win. I mean i doubt you won't consider any solid head coaches just because they didn't play for IU or whatever, that would be pretty ignorant.

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
I agree with boz and I know i've said some things along these lines to you already, but whatever.

We've seen you do this before, the whole "anti everything non illini" and we've also seen you freak out about the illini pretty quickly.  I'm thinking about the loss to OSU reaction. 

There's absolutely no reason to say some of the things you say on here.  A ton of us coincide perfectly well while discussing all things Big Ten, but for some reason you refuse to do so.

Ehh I suppose I'll try to calm down, I actually like these boards. And I still didn't over react to that embarassing OSU game. :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
Would IU be interesting in Steve Lavin? He's a guy I actually think could do a very good job for them, although he REALLY seems to like his current job.

Eh. Keep him in the booth; he's great at that. Sure, he'd be familiar with the situation with his experience, but in the end, he didn't come through at UCLA either.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
Eh.  Keep him in the booth; he's great at that.  Sure, he'd be familiar with the situation with his experience, but in the end, he didn't come through at UCLA either.

Yeah, that's true. Whoever said Rick Barnes had an interesting point as well, Texas is a football school, and Indiana isn't. Plus, Indiana could offer him quite a deal I'm sure, and IMO Barnes is a very good coach. Another name I thought of for some reason is Lorenzo Romar at UW, even though I have no clue about his background.

Alford released a statement saying his focus is on helping his team win the Big Ten title. He obviously didn't remove himself from consideration for this job, which to me says he would be very interested. I know Alford talks to Bobby Knight quite a bit. I would assume Knight wouldn't want him taking the Indiana job. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. I do know one thing, if he does go to Indiana, Steve Alford will be public enemy #1 in Iowa City.