Bernanke on the Hill

3E8

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
No big surprises so far.  Basically he has just repeated everything that Alan Greenspan has said.

You gotta think he is going to want to keep the ship steady until he (individually) has a little more market confidence. Not that the market doesn't trust him, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be rocking the boat shortly after the transition.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:39 AM)
You gotta think he is going to want to keep the ship steady until he (individually) has a little more market confidence.  Not that the market doesn't trust him, but I'm sure he doesn't want to be rocking the boat shortly after the transition.

I honestly believe that the only reason he is going to raise rates is because it sounded like Greenspan was going to stop the increases, just to show his "independence". To be honest I don't think it isn't even that he wants to be different, but I think that Bush went out and found the guy closest to Greenspan that he could, and we really aren't going to see much difference in the long run. I think the one big thing could be that Bernanke might not get the media darling treatment that Greenspan did, even during downturns.