Wow, just wow...

Steve9347

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
They will regret not trading Contreras when he had the most value.

Mark me down as a Count skeptic.

Everybody was a count skeptic when he struggled last year but that proved to be false. As far as Im concerned the burden of proof is on the count haters.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
I can't agree with that. This season has had SOOO much build up(for good reason), and if this season is a bust, there is no way im going be able to say, " O'well, we won the World Series last year"

Im not saying thats how you feel Balta, but I want to win again this year, bad. We all experienced what a ride it was in 05, and I want it again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
So, I'm sitting here, thinking about how wonderful last season was (and remembering the near collapse that had almost everyone at this site suicidal) and I can't help but be mystified by the possibilities THIS season holds.

It has been about ten years since any team repeated World Series Championships, but I crave it almost more this year than last year, because I know how good this can be.  I remember watching game 3 of the ALDS last year (we'll refer to this as Game Duque) and watching the Boston fans in the stands, thinking "what the hell do they care?  they won this thing last year!"

Lowe and behold, I now understand.  This White Sox team is stacked this year (only question mark centerfield/health.)  We added Javier Vazquez to the rotation as our 5th starter!  In his WORST season, he is the best 5th starter in all of baseball, and in the history of the White Sox.  Does anyone remember John Rauch, Josh Stewart, and Scott Schoeneweis (sp?) on the 2003 team?  That seems like so long ago, but it was only 2.5 years!

Anyway, we've also added Thome, and I am extremely pumped about this season.  I will stop my gushing rant, and I look forward to DVRing every Sox spring training game... I love this team, and rock on.

-Let's go Sox.

This team is in EXCELLENT position to repeat. You couldn't say that about the 02 Diamondbacks, the 03 Angels, the 04 Marlins or the 05 Red Sox. What Kenny was able to do in taking what was already the best team in baseball and having the nerve and guts to make it better is legendary. Offensive upgrade? Check. Starting rotation upgrade? Check. Bench upgrade? Check. The only thing I can't honestly say we upgraded is the pen. Then again, it's no worse than it was last year. Which was damn good. The Sox are without question the best team going into April. That's all you could ask for at this point.