2 Million tickets already sold

KevHead0881

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
It's the price we pay for success.

I liked having the run of the park, but I think we all knew that was over when the Sox did what they did in October.

This is what people get for all those "get your ass out to the park" threads I saw the past couple years..... :D

I know, I know...

It will be interesting to see how they react if (when) we hit a slump. Wonder how many will jump off the ship at the first 3 game skid... :rolly

Yeah this is quite a far cry from the last decade or so. It's very weird being the the favorite son all of a sudden.

I would estimate that we will be at about 2.6-2.7 million in attendance. Which is pretty insane.

The only thing that worries me is I have no idea exactly how many of the tickets that are sold are currently in the hands of the fans. I would imagine scalpers have jumped in and hold a large amount of those 2 million tickets. Kinda sad but I guess that is a nature of the beast.

And Jim make sure you post the week that u decide to take a trip out here..I'm sure some of the season ticket holders on here would be more than willing to help you find some tickets.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Being at the Cell when it is sold out and they are winning.

I remember being at a few sold out games last year when the Sox stunk up the place and it was not fun at all.

Game 1 of the ALCS rings a bell, we were so confident that we would whip the sleepy Angels, that the team and the fans fell asleep on themselves that night.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Yeah this is quite a far cry from the last decade or so. It's very weird being the the favorite son all of a sudden. 

I would estimate that we will be at about 2.6-2.7 million in attendance. Which is pretty insane.

The only thing that worries me is I have no idea exactly how many of the tickets that are sold are currently in the hands of the fans. I would imagine scalpers have jumped in and hold a large amount of those 2 million tickets. Kinda sad but I guess that is a nature of the beast.

And Jim make sure you post the week that u decide to take a trip out here..I'm sure some of the season ticket holders on here would be more than willing to help you find some tickets.

My guess is 2,934,155 and they will set a new Chicago White Sox attendance record.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
My guess is 2,934,155 and they will set a new Chicago White Sox attendance record.

36K per game...

Again.. it would be something.. but it aint happening this year.

2.7 is 33K per game.. that's a long stretch also.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
We know the Yankees, Astros, and Cardinals are going to sell out quick to.  It is very possible that we will surpass the entire 2005 attendence before a single pitch is thrown... at spring training.

Wow.

Thats just amazing!!

I guess we can finally lay the attendance b****ing threads to rest.

:D

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
36K per game...

Again.. it would be something.. but it aint happening this year.

2.7 is 33K per game.. that's a long stretch also.

Steff i think they did 2.3 million this year and that was with a slow start.(attendance wise) I think 2.7 is very doable especially if they get off to a quick start, say sweep the tribe! Anyway, the park was nice and empty, now the lines begin.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
I know, I know...

It will be interesting to see how they react if (when) we hit a slump. Wonder how many will jump off the ship at the first 3 game skid...  :rolly

Choke avatars?