Ken Rosenthal

witesoxfan

Link to story

Have we not been saying this constantly?

Also....it says we're interested in JD Drew, Brian Giles, and Carlos Beltran.....and IMO, the only one we coudl get is Drew....Giles has a no-trade clause, and Beltran is intradivisional....unlikely we would deal with the Royals(though the Royals would deal with anyone).

I just kind of laughed at KW's comments....he's such a f***ing dumbass. Regardless of whether or not he is in power....they are just funny as hell to read.....because he's so f***ing clueless

Well I have a new approach I'm taking to this whole matter. Going to do quite a bit of research and write up an article on my way of rebuilding this team.

Some will like it, plenty won't cause I end up giving up on the season.

Giles would be the only one I'd want cause he's signed. I am a big JD Drew fan, but I don't do Garland for him simply because Sox can't take on money without giving it up and it will mean Colon is gone.

Chisoxfn, when you say the Sox can't take on more money, you mean to say they won't, right? It's just that they won't shell out more then they have to.

They won't. JR would spend the money if the team was making money, but he isn't one to lose money on his team.

Like it or not he's always said if the fans came he'd spend more money, but they have never tried him on that, so we don't know for sure. He is rather easy to read though, and you know the payroll isn't getting expanded or at least it would shock me if it was.

They won't. JR would spend the money if the team was making money, but he isn't one to lose money on his team. 

This whole topic of why he doesn't spend, or why fans don't come is so behind over and lame.

Fans don't come because of his actions over the past 23 years. He has no incentive to want fans to come because less fans means he doesn't pay rent. He wants to win yes, but under his conditions, which is cheaply.