Official NASCAR Thread

22 29 #49 Brent Sherman * Dodge Serta 97/0 202 Running

I was at a wedding last year that he was at. He lives in Barrington and was driving in the Busch series last year. I am not a NASCAR fan by any means, but he was a nice guy and its good to see he did decent at Daytona.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Yes and DEI's plate track advantage is gone Hendrick, Gibbs and Penske looks to have caught up if not passed them.

Roush looked strong as well. DEI only has Jr for now Truex is gonna have some struggles adjusting. DEI was always good because they had Jr and Mikey to work together at the front with just one guy its gonna be tougher.

Freaking Jeff B. At least Kenny Schrader had a great race. After JJ's little comment while looking into the camera (this is for all the 48 haters), I hope he is taken out in every race from here on out. As for Stewart, had he not run his mouth all week, I really wouldn't have cared about what happened all that much (he races like an old school racer which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
Freaking Jeff B.  At least Kenny Schrader had a great race.  After JJ's little comment while looking into the camera (this is for all the 48 haters), I hope he is taken out in every race from here on out.  As for Stewart, had he not run his mouth all week, I really wouldn't have cared about what happened all that much (he races like an old school racer which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

his comments after the shootout are the only reason anyone cared about tony's behavior. had he not said those things there wouldn't have been much backlash from his behavior wih kenseth.

jr. was really pissing me off almost all race long, continually trying to take that high line and time after time getting burnt by it.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
his comments after the shootout are the only reason anyone cared about tony's behavior. had he not said those things there wouldn't have been much backlash from his behavior wih kenseth.

jr. was really pissing me off almost all race long, continually trying to take that high line and time after time getting burnt by it.

The last time he did it killed the chance at finishing top five. What he drop to after the restart and taking the highline and getting left to dry??? 12? He eventually made up 4 or 5 spots. I'll take the 8th place finish. Truex, Stewart, and even Gordon impressed me the way they were able to bounce back from hitting the wall.

Week 2

California Speedway

Truck: RaceTickets.com 200 David Reutimann Mark Martin

Busch: Stater Bros 300 Carl Edwards Greg Biffle

Nextel: Auto Club 500 Kurt Busch Matt Kenseth

Hmmm wonder how strong Roush Racing was this week.

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Anyone else think that Knaus got a weak as heck penalty?

i'm just glad nascar put their foot down. points should be taken away for accidental part mishaps and for cursing on television but definitely not for outright cheating.

/sarcasm, of course...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
i'm just glad nascar put their foot down. points should be taken away for accidental part mishaps and for cursing on television but definitely not for outright cheating.

/sarcasm, of course...

yeah....good point. I don't get it. :bang

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
Can't wait for Bristol on March 26th I just got my tickets in the mail I wish it were today

Lucky Bastage! My dream tickets are for Bristol at night, but any Bristol tickets would bring a wicked grin to my face. :cheers

Unofficial Results:

Fin St Car Driver

1 31 #17 Matt Kenseth

2 3 #48 Jimmie Johnson

3 22 #99 Carl Edwards

4 13 #9 Kasey Kahne

5 6 #31 Jeff Burton

6 25 #26 Jamie McMurray

7 20 #42 Casey Mears

8 4 #18 J.J. Yeley*

9 10 #6 Mark Martin

10 7 #5 Kyle Busch

11 18 #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.

12 5 #11 Denny Hamlin*

13 9 #24 Jeff Gordon

14 32 #07 Clint Bowyer*

15 23 #1 Martin Truex Jr.*

16 1 #2 Kurt Busch

17 19 #88 Dale Jarrett

18 28 #25 Brian Vickers

19 14 #10 Scott Riggs

20 11 #12 Ryan Newman

21 29 #41 Reed Sorenson*

22 21 #19 Jeremy Mayfield

23 16 #38 Elliott Sadler

24 26 #66 Jeff Green

25 39 #45 Kyle Petty

26 34 #7 Robby Gordon

27 8 #01 Joe Nemechek

28 41 #21 Ken Schrader

29 15 #29 Kevin Harvick

30 24 #22 Dave Blaney

31 27 #43 Bobby Labonte

32 17 #14 Sterling Marlin

33 40 #40 David Stremme*

34 43 #96 Terry Labonte

35 37 #61 Kevin Lepage

36 33 #55 Michael Waltrip

37 42 #49 Brent Sherman*

38 35 #151 Mike Garvey

39 38 #4 Scott Wimmer

40 30 #195 Stanton Barrett

41 36 #178 Kenny Wallace

42 2 #16 Greg Biffle

43 12 #20 Tony Stewart

* Denotes Rookie

For me as a Stewart fan the race did have end on a downer but I am very happy with the way the Car handled he had I believe the 2nd best car outhere today and after his struggles at the 2 mile tracks of Cali and Michigan I am relieved because it looks like the HD team has a good set up for those tracks with Michigan Finishes of 2,4 last season and a top 5 last September @ Cali.

On a side note I will be headed to live in AZ and looking forward to it.

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 05:55 AM)
I cant stand how the Hendrick cars float around the back of the top 10 untill the end. They get my hopes up that they wont finish well then they all rush to the top 5.

Yeah I know what you mean, can we get a race where none of them finish in the top 5.

gotta love Jr.'s speeding on pit road and dropping twice his positions to 28th. Amazing, i turned the channel when i heard he sped and had to go to the tail end of the longest line.....then i heard johnson won. Wasn't really happy after that...not happy at all.