Orchestrated News Conferences

Texsox

Harry has his in Texas, minutes later Dick starts in Wyoming, then Bush is in Tampa. coincidence?

Both parties do it, I'm getting whiplash trying to catch them all.

Now Rummy is getting going. Is anyone working at the White House?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
Harry has his in Texas, minutes later Dick starts in Wyoming, then Bush is in Tampa. coincidence?

They are starting the Holiday weekend early.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)

I'm sure they're just wanting to make sure the media is 'scooped' going into the weekend. If they all were just 'silent' the backlash would be incredible.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
I'm sure they're just wanting to make sure the media is 'scooped' going into the weekend.  If they all were just 'silent' the backlash would be incredible.

Plus all Presidential administrations looooove the Friday news-bombings, so that it hits the Saturday papers that no one reads.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
I'm sure they're just wanting to make sure the media is 'scooped' going into the weekend.  If they all were just 'silent' the backlash would be incredible.

If only I was a GOPer and received the special government briefing that makes talking to the press unimportant.

Press = Public: It's the only way for citizens who care can stay informed. Which is probably an old fashioned value that doesn't fit with today's get it from blogs and Rush world.