Sox fan wins Gold Medal

Davis then donned a Chicago White Sox cap — a tribute to his hometown, specifically the South Side. He grew up there always wanting to skate, shrugging off friends who wondered why a black kid growing up in the city of Michael Jordan and Da Bears would want to don a tight-fitting suit and compete with a bunch of white dudes.

How cool is it for a White Sox fan to win a Gold medal. :gosox3: :usa :snr

Davis walks his talk with gold in 1,000 meters.

Congrats for being the first african american to win a gold in an individual sport in the winter olympics.

Link

060218_davis_vmed_10a.rp420x400.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

If you didn’t see the Melissa Stark post-gold interview with Bryant Gumbel’s favorite Uncle Tom – black speedskater Shani Davis – then you missed a priceless TV moment. Davis gave the shortest answers to Stark’s stock questions ever seen in a supposedly joyous moment. I literally think his longest answer was 6-words! No lie! (NOTE: Audio of the interview is posted in the Bonus Audio section here…)

What the interview proved once and for all, is not that Shani Davis is a lousy interview. It’s that chicks like Melissa Stark are worthless. I mean, who the hell did not know that Davis was a media shy kid, who wasn’t likely to simply expound on something as lame as “How does this feel?” (Answer: “great.” Wow.)

Once Davis went limp, Stark should have adjusted her questions, put him in a spot where he would actually have to EXPLAIN something. Instead, Stark just threw out in frustration: “Shani, are you angry?”

No. He’s just not going to do YOUR job for you, Mel. Have some better questions next time, and don’t be shocked if you have to do a little more work than just hold a microphone and say “back to you in the studio.”

www.czabe.com

I liked the post- 1500 press conference.

It went like this: nice, nice, nice, nice

Shani: I just wish that Chad had acted like a teammate after I won the gold and shook my hand.

Chad: Silence, drinks a lot of water a la Harpo Marx in Night at the Opera, then says: Shani cost us the gold in the team persuit.

At first I thought Shani was a total punk, but the more I hear him the more I think he wasn't the problem. It was nice to see him so happy for the Italian guy, he seemed like a good sportsman.

I think Chad Hendrick is kind of a Bode Miller (all talk and excuses).

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
I liked the post- 1500 press conference.

It went like this: nice, nice, nice, nice

Shani: I just wish that Chad had acted like a teammate after I won the gold and shook my hand.

Chad: Silence, drinks a lot of water a la Harpo Marx in Night at the Opera, then says: Shani cost us the gold in the team persuit.

At first I thought Shani was a total punk, but the more I hear him the more I think he wasn't the problem. It was nice to see him so happy for the Italian guy, he seemed like a good sportsman.

I think Chad Hendrick is kind of a Bode Miller (all talk and excuses).

I kind of agree. Hendrick's problem is that Shani wouldn't help him in his quest to try to win FIVE gold medals. Shani was trying to give himself the best chance to win ONE............but it's Shani who is being selfish?? GMAFB.

But Shani is taking whatever he's upset about (and I get the feeling it's more than just Hendrick) out on the wrong people and in the wrong situations. I finally saw the interview after he won the gold in which all of his answers were: "mm-hmm" and 'yeah". It was awesome to see that reporter ask him if he was angry.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas