Ozzie tabs Buehrle as Opening Day starter

SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 18, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Buehrle named Opening Day starter

Left-hander will face Cleveland on Sunday night, April 2

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

No surprise here.

I'm glad it's on at night..the last couple have been morning and i was either at school or work and couldn't watch half the game. I'll finally get to watch the hole opening day game. :headbang

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Feb 18, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Heads: love that counter.

ONLY 42 DAYS TILL BASEBALL!

I believe it's even adjusted for DST.

Either way, the guy next door to me and I are planning on getting some BBQ and watching it.

Anyone from Ames Iowa should know what I'm talking about when I mention Hickory Park. Cheat, I'm going to assume you've had some as well.

Ames eh? On a personal note, when I was in HS a few years ago we had a transfer student from Ames, he was straight up the best athlete I had the priviledge of playing baseball with. He was in the mold of 6-2 190 SS's with a cannon arm and good hit. He and I were captains of the team our junior and senior years--he was a great teamate and competitor. He played a year for Albion here in MI then hung it up due to differences with the coach.

I have great respect for Iowa and Ames' athletes because of him.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Feb 18, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Ames eh?  On a personal note, when I was in HS a few years ago we had a transfer student from Ames, he was straight up the best athlete I had the priviledge of playing baseball with.  He was in the mold of 6-2 190 SS's with a cannon arm and good hit.  He and I were captains of the team our junior and senior years--he was a great teamate and competitor.  He played a year for Albion here in MI then hung it up due to differences with the coach.

I have great respect for Iowa and Ames' athletes because of him.

Hmmm....not sure who you're talking about, but these central Iowa folk generally seem to be nice.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 18, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
I believe it's even adjusted for DST.

Either way, the guy next door to me and I are planning on getting some BBQ and watching it.

Anyone from Ames Iowa should know what I'm talking about when I mention Hickory Park. Cheat, I'm going to assume you've had some as well.

Ah yes, the best restraunt in Ames. It's about the same as licking the dumpster outside some places around here though.

Woo-Hoo. Good job Ozzie doing the absolute 100% correct thing.

Mark...GET YOURSELF THAT DAMN AWARD THIS YEAR. For all of us. We've been waiting a few years to see you get it. You know which one I'm talking about.

The only questions, of course, are how many runs the Sox will give Buehrle in support of his shutout, and how long the game will last.