3D Ultrasounds

kapkomet

We weren't able to get a gender determination from the 20 week ultrasound, so for the wife's birthday, I bought her a 3d-4d ultrasound - more so we could find out what we're having.

Those things are pretty damn cool. You can see quite a few features that of course you can't on a "regular" ultrasound.

Our baby was doing *HER* best gymnast impersonation - had her feet above her head, and her arms behind her knees. The funniest part was she kept yawning - like "leave me alone, I want to sleep..." - as southsider later pointed out, my my isn't that going to be some role reversal in about 2.5 months.

Oh, and did you get the part about *HER*? :)

The nursery is at least cleaned out now. Going to paint it this week. We got the crib and dresser this weekend. Things are slowly coming together.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)
We weren't able to get a gender determination from the 20 week ultrasound, so for the wife's birthday, I bought her a 3d-4d ultrasound - more so we could find out what we're having.

Those things are pretty damn cool.  You can see quite a few features that of course you can't on a "regular" ultrasound.

Our baby was doing *HER* best gymnast impersonation - had her feet above her head, and her arms behind her knees.  The funniest part was she kept yawning - like "leave me alone, I want to sleep..." - as southsider later pointed out, my my isn't that going to be some role reversal in about 2.5 months.

Oh, and did you get the part about *HER*?  :)

The nursery is at least cleaned out now.  Going to paint it this week.  We got the crib and dresser this weekend.  Things are slowly coming together.

Congrats Kap,

Those 3D ones are cool. I was trying to convince the wife to get one of those, however our guy decided not to hide so we figured it out with the 2D version.

Get all the sleep you can get right now.

Those 3D ones look so cool. We asked the doc about it and he said they don't have it there. I was looking in to going to a place and doing it. Stork Snapshots is a place I found in Naperville. Are those prices around what you have found? We're not finding out the sex, but the ultrasounds are so amazing to me. Seeing the heartbeat and the baby move and yawn and stretch.

I pretty much finished the nursery this past weekend. When I first started it was just white walls with light beige carpeting. The carpet was pretty trashed from when my friend rented the room from me about a year. I painted, put up the border, put down a new laminate floor from dupont(which is one of the nicest ones I've seen) and then my wife and I added all the little wallpaper things. We still need the mattress, the bedding, and the window treatments. It's all coming together. June 15th is the due date.

http://csmaster.sxu.edu/djones/ben/IMG_2059.JPG

http://csmaster.sxu.edu/djones/ben/IMG_2060.JPG

http://csmaster.sxu.edu/djones/ben/IMG_2061.JPG

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
Those 3D ones look so cool.  We asked the doc about it and he said they don't have it there.  I was looking in to going to a place and doing it.  Stork Snapshots is a place I found in Naperville.  Are those prices around what you have found?  We're not finding out the sex, but the ultrasounds are so amazing to me.  Seeing the heartbeat and the baby move and yawn and stretch.

Pretty comparable pricing - the $170 package listed at Stork Snapshots we got for $135.

It was a pretty neat deal. It's a lot of money to spend, yet, it's really not at the same time.

The pics that they have on the intro to the site are a lot more clear then the ones you'll get - they've digitized them (cleaned them up) - but yet at the same time you do see a lot of detail.

3d simply has the ultrasound waves coming in from a different direction then the regular 2d and then the computer puts them back together in the 3d form you see.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
Pretty comparable pricing - the $170 package listed at Stork Snapshots we got for $135.

It was a pretty neat deal.  It's a lot of money to spend, yet, it's really not at the same time.

The pics that they have on the intro to the site are a lot more clear then the ones you'll get - they've digitized them (cleaned them up) - but yet at the same time you do see a lot of detail.

3d simply has the ultrasound waves coming in from a different direction then the regular 2d and then the computer puts them back together in the 3d form you see.

The farther along you are, the better the detail. I got my sister them when she was in her 7th month.. the detail is amazing and a lot better then the ones on that site. Wait as long as you can if you didn't do it already. It's awesome.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)
The farther along you are, the better the detail. I got my sister them when she was in her 7th month.. the detail is amazing and a lot better then the ones on that site. Wait as long as you can if you didn't do it already. It's awesome.

Good point. We're at 28 weeks - so we were a little early.

Congrats, Kap!

When the wife had her "regular, normal, no-frills" ultrasound :) , we were lucky enough to get one really good close-up look at our daughter's face. It was only for a split-second, but she was doing a thumb-sucking motion but with no thumb in her mouth. I thought I imagined it until the Mrs. told me she saw it too.

That was such a great moment, I'll never forget how excited we were.