Rotation Order

GreatScott82

What should the rotation order look like?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What should the rotation order look like?

• Buerhle, Garland, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez
    • Buerhle, Contreras, Garland, Garcia, Vazquez
    • Buerhle, Garcia, Garland, Contreras, Vazquez
    • Buerhle, Garland, Garcia, Vazquez, Contreras
    • Buerhle, Vazquez, Garland, Contreras, Garcia
    • Buerhle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras, Vazquez
    • It doesn't matter what the order is, its the best rotation in baseball!

Personally, I'd go Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras-Garland-Vazquez, which isn't a choice on your poll. I think the first two are your veterans and have been more consistent in the past, Contreras goes before Garland because he is more dominating when he's going well, and Vazquez last in large part because he's the new guy. You could easily move things around though.

You gotta love this rotation, considering that even your number 5 can be an ace type pitcher for long stretches.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Personally, I'd go Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras-Garland-Vazquez, which isn't a choice on your poll. I think the first two are your veterans and have been more consistent in the past, Contreras goes before Garland because he is more dominating when he's going well, and Vazquez last in large part because he's the new guy. You could easily move things around though.

You gotta love this rotation, considering that even your number 5 can be an ace type pitcher for long stretches.

Yea it can be scary how good this rotation is. Last year our only weak point came when El-duque was pitching hurt. If Vazquez can rebound UUUuhhhh Ohhhh! And if an injury occurs- we can plug BMac in at any time and probably not miss a beat! Lets get this thing started! Bring it on Twins and Tribe!

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
Buehrle

Contreras

Garland

Garcia

Vazquez

For the reasons already stated -- Contreras owns the Indians and this order will makes Freddy's first two starts on the road.

I agree with this but I also agree that it doesn't matter in the long run.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
I disagree.  The more starts Garcia and Vazquez can get on the road the better.  But there's no way to control it once the order is set, although it can be set again after the All-Star break.

Thats what I mean. After the first 2 or 3 rotations, the rotation is pretty much uncontrolable.

I voted for #2 but mine would be:

Buehrle (Does very well vs Indians)

Contreras (Same)

Garcia (Open to debate if Ven goes far in WBC)

Garland (Move him up if Freddy isn't ready)

Vazquez (If he's not ready for WBC, McCarthy gets the nod)

Freddy was good in the day games so I'd still go with him in Gm 3 vs Cle....

I'd start with Mark, Jose, Jon, Freddy and Javier. Like many have said, you really can't contol the order after the first month. I'm in total agreement with getting Garcia and Vazquez as many starts on the road as possible.

Damn, I just got a tinkly feeling when looking at how stacked our rotation is. 2006 will be sweet indeed.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
I'd start with Mark,  Jose,  Jon,  Freddy and Javier.  Like many have said,  you really can't contol the order after the first month.  I'm in total agreement with getting Garcia and Vazquez as many starts on the road as possible.

Damn,  I just got a tinkly feeling when looking at how stacked our rotation is.  2006 will be sweet indeed.

Don't you find it odd that the White Sox rotation has this kind of power over your blatter?