Magglio quote

southsideirish

Has anyone else posted this? If they have then I am sorry. I just found it amusing.

Tigers outfielder Magglio Ordonez, who says he's 100 percent healthy after a hernia kept him out the first half of last season, is hurting in another way these days. It turns out he hasn't gotten over the White Sox winning the World Series the year after Ordonez left. "I was feeling sad I wasn't there," Ordonez told the Detroit Free Press. "It's hard to see your teammates win the World Series. You spent your whole career there and left one year early. I didn't know they were going to win the World Series."

Detroit Free Press

Edited by southsideirish

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You spent your whole career there and left one year early. I didn't know they were going to win the World Series."

LMAO. Scotty Boras wouldnt let you hear that Maggs. He was too busy telling you about money and how great it will be to have a whole lot of it. Thats ok though, Maggs got what he wanted and so did the Sox

Maggs was one of my favs when he was here, but he chose the big money and he chose not to let the sox get a docter to see his real condition. You can't be too mad about that, they were clearly his decisions. I would have liked for him to be here too, but Dye filled in very nicely. :P

Oh well...enjoy your money, I don't blame you for taking the payday, but enjoy your money and thats it.

Courtesy of www.dictionary.com

craw Audio pronunciation of "craw" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krô)

n.

1. The crop of a bird or insect.

2. The stomach of an animal.

Idiom:

stick in (one's) craw

To cause one to feel abiding discontent and resentment.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
Courtesy of www.dictionary.com

craw  Audio pronunciation of "craw" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (krô)

n.

1. The crop of a bird or insect.

2. The stomach of an animal.

Idiom:

stick in (one's) craw

To cause one to feel abiding discontent and resentment.

And SSI saves the day!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
White Sox fan's bitterness over Magglio's leaving is so puzzling. HE DID THE WHITE SOX A FAVOR. If he would have re-signed, the Sox would have come in second AGAIN.

Its the principle of the thing. Maggs left under bad terms. I see what you are saying that he did us a favor by not signing but you wouldn't have said that if we didn't win the world series. Maggs felt that our organization wasn't concerned about winning. He did not want to play for ozzie guillen, and some of the stuff that he said was pretty low. So not only did he just disrespect Ozzie but he disrespected us and the white sox organization when he left.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
White Sox fan's bitterness over Magglio's leaving is so puzzling. HE DID THE WHITE SOX A FAVOR. If he would have re-signed, the Sox would have come in second AGAIN.

Not bitter at all...Its just bizarre to see a player who decided to go elsewhere, dwell on his time with the White Sox. It's not like we traded him or released him. He had his chances to stay on the South Side, declined and now is whiny about it. If anything he is helping our chances to sign and retain free agents. Don't leave the Sox or u will regret it forever.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
4 words:

Dye- World Series MVP!

Im certainly happy with JD in right

but honestly, if you were Maggs, what were the odds you would have put on the white sox winning the world series when he left (although Detroit is lower)

He went for the money and it produced a major drawback