NFL Off-Season Rumor Mill

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown busy still...

Browns | Jurevicius agrees to a four-year deal

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:49:29 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent WR Joe Jurevicius (Seahawks) has agreed to a four-year deal worth about $10 million with the Cleveland Browns.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Brown busy still...

Browns | Jurevicius agrees to a four-year deal

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:49:29 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent WR Joe Jurevicius (Seahawks) has agreed to a four-year deal worth about $10 million with the Cleveland Browns.

Another solid WR gone. Ie a WR with experience, good hands, and the ability to run good routes.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
-Ravens land DE Trevor Pryce

-Giants sitting good for LB Will Witherspoon, Miami is also in the picture

-Brees to NO is heating up

Saban is supposed to be going to meet with Brees to try and land him. Read this on a Bears site I frequent.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
Saban is supposed to be going to meet with Brees to try and land him.  Read this on a Bears site I frequent.

Ya the Fins brass met up with him in Alabama early in the day, but now he is meeting with the Saints.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
The Browns weren't really that far off from being .500 this year.  They are going in the right direction.

Weren't they 6-10? Yea, its not far off, but in the NFL, two games is a lot.

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)
Weren't they 6-10?  Yea, its not far off, but in the NFL, two games is a lot.

I watched quite a few Browns games (the Bar I go to is predominantly a Browns bar; probably 20-30 Browns fans there every Sunday) and they lost a ton of games that they could have and probably should have won. I wasn't watching the games too indepth, but I noticed they were one of those teams that could have picked up a few more wins than they did.

Of course they beat the Bears in a game we should have won. But the Bears played conservative.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
I watched quite a few Browns games (the Bar I go to is predominantly a Browns bar; probably 20-30 Browns fans there every Sunday) and they lost a ton of games that they could have and probably should have won.  I wasn't watching the games too indepth, but I noticed they were one of those teams that could have picked up a few more wins than they did.

Of course they beat the Bears in a game we should have won.  But the Bears played conservative.

I watched a lot of Browns football this season too, J. I really like that team, always have. If Charlie Frye develops into the type of player I think he will, they are going to be a dangerous team in the not too distant future.

Could they bring some competition in for Frye? Sure. Am I sold on Ruben Droughns as a feature back? No, not really. But, the pieces are there.

For those of you not familiar with Frye, he's a 6'4 217 quarterback out of Akron. At Akron, he was quick, had solid mechanics, had an excellent delievery point, and, speaking to one of his Akron teammates for two years, I learned that he is an excellent field-general. He was one of my Sweethearts last year and I really think he is going to be right up there with Ben, Byron, and Chad as successful MAC signal-callers. Romeo took quite a shine to Frye last year and I think he believes he has something to work with.

Go Browns. I really hope they can put it all together.

...as for Brandon Lloyd, it's a bit odd watching teams compete FOR a former-Illini.

It makes a lot of sense for someone like NO to try for Brees...no effort at development...high draft pick which could be traded to another team looking for a QB or used for O-Line or Defense. Hell, most teams shooting for Brees would probably be making a good move.

Browns | Team signs every free agent

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:03:14 -0800

According to Chris Mortenson of ESPN, the Cleveland Browns have successfully signed every unrestricted free agent in just over 24 hours since the start of free agency, 12:00 noon Friday. Browns General Manager Phil Savage has also managed to successfully have sexual intercourse with every eligible bacherlorette in that same time frame, much to the dismay of every other NFL general manager and Hugh Hefner. According to Mortenson, the Browns are now expected to challenge the Klingons for interstellar domination.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Mar 11, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Browns | Team signs every free agent

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:03:14 -0800

According to Chris Mortenson of ESPN, the Cleveland Browns have successfully signed every unrestricted free agent in just over 24 hours since the start of free agency, 12:00 noon Friday. Browns General Manager Phil Savage has also managed to successfully have sexual intercourse with every eligible bacherlorette in that same time frame, much to the dismay of every other NFL general manager and Hugh Hefner. According to Mortenson, the Browns are now expected to challenge the Klingons for interstellar domination.

Well I know this is all false. The Klingons never had interstellar domination. :headshake

:lol: :D

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
Hutchinson signs big offer sheet with Vikings.

Link.

$49 mil over 7 years, $16 mil guaranteed.  Big cap hit the first year to prevent the Seahawks from matching.

Will they match?

That is going to be tough to match for Seattle, that is a monster contract..

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
That is going to be tough to match for Seattle, that is a monster contract..

Especially with it being front-loaded. I read a few different places that this deal will make it near impossible for the Seahawks to match. Although if the Seahawks were going to go out of the way to bring a guy back, Hutch would be that guy.

This offer is very similar to the one the Bears offered Tait and how it was frontloaded so that KC couldn't match.