NFL Off-Season Rumor Mill

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Take it fwiw, but there's a rumor going around that an agreement has been reached to bring T R U back to the team.

If true, it's another dumb move.  There are at least 20 rookies who could outpost his ass w/o breaking a sweat...

Clubhouse cancer

Horrible move

Constantly b****ing about his contract and his teammates, and is an egotistical bastard.

This move is for the worse. Period.

:bang :P

You have to get over all those negatives to realize im the best player regardless of how big of a jackass I am and there is nothing you can do but put up with me because of that fact..

Im also the sexiest poster on this site, tru dat

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
Minnesota would take one of them. The other could end up falling into someone's lap like Indy or even Pittsburgh.

I think that the depth of this year's RB class is 75% of the reason the Colts were willing to let Edge go. More than even the salary cap.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
Minnesota would take one of them. The other could end up falling into someone's lap like Indy or even Pittsburgh.

I doubt they fall that far. And I don't understand why Minny would take a rb in the first round. They just signed Chester Taylor and annointed him as the starter, plus they have Moore and Fason, and Onterrio Smith if they want him. Noone outstanding, but still pretty deep. Meanwhile, they could use defensive help, even moreso now, with Williams leaving. A rb just isn't enough of a need.

I'd say the most likely are -- Browns, Eagles, Falcons, Pats, Panthers, Jaguars. I don't think there's any chance they'll slip past the last 2 to Indy or Pitt. But who knows.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
I doubt they fall that far.  And I don't understand why Minny would take a rb in the first round.  They just signed Chester Taylor and annointed him as the starter, plus they have Moore and Fason, and Onterrio Smith if they want him.  Noone outstanding, but still pretty deep.  Meanwhile, they could use defensive help, even moreso now, with Williams leaving.  A rb just isn't enough of a need.

I'd say the most likely are -- Browns, Eagles, Falcons, Pats, Panthers, Jaguars.  I don't think there's any chance they'll slip past the last 2 to Indy or Pitt.  But who knows.

I dont see the Panthers or Falcons taking a RB, but its possible for the others..

Also, The Dolphins have signed LJ Shelton today.. 4 years/15 million with a 3.5 million bonus.. Not that bad, I bet they have the last year like $6 million and hell never see it anyways.. They also plan to have their QB situation figured out by TODAY

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
I dont see the Panthers or Falcons taking a RB, but its possible for the others..

Just b/c there are bigger needs? DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings don't inspire a ton of confidence, and Warrick Dunn, as good as he's been, can't literally be ageless. Duckett scores, but he can't gain any yards.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
Just b/c there are bigger needs?  DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings don't inspire a ton of confidence, and Warrick Dunn, as good as he's been, can't literally be ageless.  Duckett scores, but he can't gain any yards.

They are paying DeShaun Foster $5 million a year, I doubt they are gonna draft a RB in round one to pay him the same if not more money..

Dunn was a pro bowler, they have bigger needs in the secondary before they need to burn a #1 on a RB.. I expect them to take Michael Huff if hes there at 15

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
They are paying DeShaun Foster $5 million a year, I doubt they are gonna draft a RB in round one to pay him the same if not more money..

Dunn was a pro bowler, they have bigger needs in the secondary before they need to burn a #1 on a RB.. I expect them to take Michael Huff if hes there at 15

Carolina's at the bottom of the first round, though, so it won't be that expensive.

I think you're right about Atl, I doubt they go that way. I just wouldn't rule it out.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
Carolina's at the bottom of the first round, though, so it won't be that expensive.

I think you're right about Atl, I doubt they go that way.  I just wouldn't rule it out.

Im thinking Carolina gives Foster a chance to stay healthy before they look that direction.. After losing Will Witherspoon to STL, they might take a look at a LBer or possibly secondary after losing McCree to SD

According to profootballtalk.com, there's an extra hitch in Hutchinson's offer sheet with the Vikings. If Hutchinson is at any point not the highest paid player on the team, the entire contract is guaranteed. Because Walter Jones is earning more than the contract calls for in the first year, the entire $49 million would be guaranteed the moment Seattle matches.

If true, yikes. Say hello to the Vike's new guard.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
According to profootballtalk.com, there's an extra hitch in Hutchinson's offer sheet with the Vikings.  If Hutchinson is at any point not the highest paid player on the team, the entire contract is guaranteed.  Because Walter Jones is earning more than the contract calls for in the first year, the entire $49 million would be guaranteed the moment Seattle matches.

If true, yikes.  Say hello to the Vike's new guard.

If true the Vikings have got themselves an OUTSTANDING lineman..

Washington is starting to look real good..

They have one of the best safety duos in the league now with Sean Taylor (FS) and Archuleta (SS) and now they have Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, and Antwan Randle El to go along with Clinton Portis and a very solid Offensive Line..

If they can get another good season out of Brunell they should be one of the best NFC teams this year..

I have been seeing numerous reports that Drew Brees has signed with the Dolphins on a 6 year 55 million deal.. Now, it might be false BUT, it has been coming up on many sites so there might be some truth to it. Either way Miami has said they want to get the QB situation settled by tonight (Meaning Brees or Culpepper)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
Moulds asks Bills to release or trade him.

The writings been on the wall for a little while now. This just pretty much seals the deal.

So what teams will end up being interested in Moulds? And what would the Bills be able to get for him?

Now, we're talking. Now, we're getting to the names I've been hoping would become available. If you really want to make the big splash, you bring one of these two players in.

Per roto:

Cowboys released WR Keyshawn Johnson.

He was a due a roster bonus soon and was honking about a contract extension despite shaky knees. This is still a surprising move because of the lack of depth at receiver for Dallas. Johnson now gets to be a free agent for the first time. Let the T.O. rumors begin

Eagles released Terrell Owens.

Who would have thought that the release of Terrell Owens would be such a non-story? Owens was due a $5 million roster bonus Wednesday and is now free to talk to teams like the Chiefs, Broncos, and Cowboys. Look for a one-year deal with incentives.