NFL Off-Season Rumor Mill

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
Doesn't really deserve it's own thread, but it deserves mention.

Apparently, Vince Young got a 6 on the Wonderlic.............................

Holy poop stain!! Bradley got an 11 last year and everybody was concerned he was too dumb to learn the plays. A 6? Don't you get like 5 for spelling your name right? That could actually hurt him, they must have cheated at Texas to keep his ass eligible.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
Doesn't really deserve it's own thread, but it deserves mention.

Apparently, Vince Young got a 6 on the Wonderlic.............................

I'd have to see it before I'd believe it. So far, this "report" comes from a scout who says he's "99% sure" that that's the score he got. Well, if I'm a scout for the Lions, and I really want Young, why wouldn't I make something like that up?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
I'd have to see it before I'd believe it. So far, this "report" comes from a scout who says he's "99% sure" that that's the score he got. Well, if I'm a scout for the Lions, and I really want Young, why wouldn't I make something like that up?

Cuz all teams will have access to that test result, so said scout would have be the type of guy who'd score a 2 on the test to think that a ploy like that would work.

I'm not going to believe it just yet, but it truly shouldn't suprise anyone. The University of Texas lets ANY athlete into the university if you are talented. Guys like PJ Tucker and next year's Kevin Durant didn't really have the grades for college, and UNC had to turn them down, but Texas welcomed both with open arms, sad really.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
So if Young did score that lowly...do you still draft him if you're Tennessee or someone else up there?

Who's to say Tennessee will take him right now? Although the thinking was McNair would have a year or two to groom his heir apparent, the Tennessee brass is far from sold.

If this score is true, then I imagine Cutler will merit even more consideration.

Cutler must have been some third-world missionary in a past life.

No one has this much luck.

BTW, someone do me a favor and try Scott's website. Let me know if anyone is having big problems with it.

www.nfldraftcountdown.com

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 11:03 PM)
Who's to say Tennessee will take him right now?  Although the thinking was McNair would have a year or two to groom his heir apparent, the Tennessee brass is far from sold.

If this score is true, then I imagine Cutler will merit even more consideration.

Cutler must have been some third-world missionary in a past life.

No one has this much luck.

BTW, someone do me a favor and try Scott's website.  Let me know if anyone is having big problems with it.

www.nfldraftcountdown.com

403 Forbidden

SI with a useful piece on cap room.

Assuming a new deal doesn't get done this week, and assuming the cap will be $95 million, here are the teams with the most money available entering the free agent market, according to salary-cap documents as of late last week:

1. Minnesota: $24.1 million

2. Arizona: $23.6 million

3. Green Bay: $20.7 million

4. Cleveland: $20.1 million

5. San Diego: $17.4 million

6. San Francisco: $16.5 million

7. Baltimore: $16.1 million

8. Seattle: $15.7 million

9. Jacksonville: $15.3 million

10. Cincinnati: $14.0 million

11. St. Louis: $11.1 million

12. New Orleans: $10.5 million

Teams in trouble? The Raiders are $29.9 million over the projected cap. (Getting down won't be impossible because of easily erasable contract-inflating clauses, such as the $8 million bonus due to wideout Ronald Curry. Such a bonus can be canceled and Curry, should he choose to stay, would sign a near-minimum contract, counting for an $8.4 million savings for Oakland.) The Jets have to shave $29.2 million and started doing so late in the week by rejiggering the contracts of heavy-money guys like Curtis Martin. Kansas City ($120.2 million), Washington ($120.2), Denver ($119.6 million), Tampa Bay ($109.6 million), Tennessee ($109.5 million) and Atlanta ($108.0 million) need to see the light. And fast.

I just heard through the grapevine the Bears plan on getting some film and devoting some time to the thought of selecting Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal in the early-middle rounds.

I wish I could state my source here, I really do, but, ya'll are just going to have to take me on good faith. I'd like to think I'm worthy of that round' here. ;)

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
I just heard through the grapevine the Bears plan on getting some film and devoting some time to the thought of selecting Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal in the early-middle rounds.

I wish I could state my source here, I really do, but, ya'll are just going to have to take me on good faith.  I'd like to think I'm worthy of that round' here. ;)

Yesssssssssss. I would love that.

Please let your source be right. :) :pray

EDIT: I am pretty sure he ran a 4.35 :o

Edited by WHarris1