NFL Off-Season Rumor Mill

Reggie has alot to prove to NFL teams to become a QB on the next level. He only had a few great games in his college career marked with alot of mediocrity, especially for the amount of hype he had coming into college. However, he did play very well in one of the senior bowl type games at QB, which led alot of people to question Franchionne's offense. I think Reggie's throwing workout will totally judge his future, if he does well, you might see a team take a chance on him at the QB position. If he does poorly, you will see alot of teams trying to talk him into converting to WR so they can watch him catch the ball.

I personally think he will do good enough in workouts to warrant teams giving him a shot at QB, especially with his speed and arm.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
Reggie has alot to prove to NFL teams to become a QB on the next level. He only had a few great games in his college career marked with alot of mediocrity, especially for the amount of hype he had coming into college. However, he did play very well in one of the senior bowl type games at QB, which led alot of people to question Franchionne's offense. I think Reggie's throwing workout will totally judge his future, if he does well, you might see a team take a chance on him at the QB position. If he does poorly, you will see alot of teams trying to talk him into converting to WR so they can watch him catch the ball.

I personally think he will do good enough in workouts to warrant teams giving him a shot at QB, especially with his speed and arm.

Going to disagree with the latter statement. He's not NFL quarterback material. The minute he has a Belichick or Dungy defensive package thrown at him, he'd crack. His future is as a WR/Trick-Play/Emergency QB, much like Mr. Randel-El. If he was smart, he'd start catching some balls in the backyard from whoever was willing to throw it.

Good lord, the Broncos are suddenly a Cap disaster.

The Broncos released three starters -- defensive end Trevor Pryce, running back Mike Anderson and tight end Jeb Putzier in moves that pull the team within a couple of millions of the $92 million salary cap.

Pryce had a $10.2 million cap number and his release saves $8.5 million of cap room. There had no been much talk about him adjusting his salary. The same happened to Anderson, who had a $2.565 million salary that he is now not going to receive.

Putzier and Stephen Alexander shared the tight end position, but Alexander ended up starting more games.

Pryce, 30, readjusted his contract in 2005 to remain with the Broncos and appeared in all 16 games in a comeback season in which he performed well. The former Clemson standout, a first-round choice in the 1997 draft, posted 33 tackles, four sacks and three passes defensed in 2005.

A four-time Pro Bowl performer, Pryce had three seasons remaining on his contract, at base salaries of $6.53 million (2006), $7.97 million (2007) and $9 million (2008). The Broncos saved over $8.5 million by releasing the nine-year veteran.

In 121 regular-season games, Pryce, who moved from tackle to end in 2002, had 383 tackles, 64 sacks, nine forced fumbles, four recoveries, two interceptions and 19 pass deflections.

Anderson, 32, was a sixth-round choice in 2000, and the former Utah star made an immediate impression in the league, rushing for 1,487 yards as a rookie. In 2005, he carried 239 times for 1,014 yards and scored 12 touchdowns. For his career, Anderson gained 3,822 yards and scored 36 times on 865 rushes.

Panthers cut Stephen Davis, "He Hate me", and DT Brenson Buckner.

Dolphins cut Left Tackle Damion Mcintosh. Edit: And others.

Forced to slash contracts in order to get under the salary cap for 2006, the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday released four veterans, the most notable of which was four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Sam Madison.

The moves saved the team $14.4 million in cap room, but cost the Dolphins some key contributors, and three members of their secondary. In addition to Madison, the team released fellow cornerback Reggie Howard, safety Tebucky Jones and offensive tackle Damion McIntosh.

Well, there's a pro-bowl veteran cornerback on the market if the Bears have room.

Chris Simms signed a 1 year deal with the Bucs.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
I think a deal will get done now.  They wouldn't delay it for 3 days like that unless something is pretty close.

It's my understanding that before any deal with the NFLPA can be reached, the owners have to come to an agreement amongst themselves about what % of local revenues will shared.

Then, after that is agreed, they have to figure out the percentage the players get - which at last check, they were asking for about 60-61%, while the owners were saying 56%.

Nothing new to add, but, my impeachable source has confirmed that the Bears front-office will make a very serious consideration to draft Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal with either a second, or a preferable third-round pick regardless of an Antwaan Randle-El signing.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
Nothing new to add, but, my impeachable source has confirmed that the Bears front-office will make a very serious consideration to draft Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal with either a second, or a preferable third-round pick regardless of an Antwaan Randle-El signing.

Bill Clinton?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)

Wow. That's a rather high ranking for McNeal. They could probably get him in the 4th or 5th.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Free agency delayed again.  f***KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Thats twice I have been counting down to it and then its moved. 

There will be nothing done by the new date and the NFL will look dumb again.

Both sides are being very civil about it. I'm glad they aren't just sitting there and trying to force the issue. Pushing it back and continuing to hammer things out is going to be the reason things get worked out without any strike.

By the way, I guess I called it :)

I think a new deal will be done by Tuesday. There's an owner's meeting in Dallas scheduled for Tuesday, and I think this is where the owners are going to lock themselves in a room, and not leave until they come up with a solution to the local revenue sharing/cash over cap problem. From what I've heard, pretty much everything between the NFL and NFLPA is settled, but there's a group of 10-12 owners who are stalling the negotiations because of the local revenue sharing issue. The small market owners want either a limit on cash over cap (the amount of money that a team's payroll exceeds the cap by, though through prorating bonuses and other mechanisms, the cap figures do not actually exceed the salary cap), or a large percentage of local revenues (what seperates the large market teams and big spending teams from the small market and "frugal" teams) shared, and something must be done to appease them before a new CBA will be ratified, because this owner group is large enough to prevent any new CBA to be ratified.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Daunte Culpepper released a statement to ESPN that asked the Vikings to trade or release him.

The ugly situation appears to be past the point of no return (to Minnesota) for Culpepper. "Now that I have confirmed that the Vikings have been seeking to trade me, I have asked for permission to speak to the interested teams. The Vikings have denied my request. If a trade does not happen then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible."

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

I really have a feeling the Vikes are going to regret the moves they've made recently, especially with him. They better think they can land Brees.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
I really have a feeling the Vikes are going to regret the moves they've made recently, especially with him.  They better think they can land Brees.

I'm guessing they'll hand the 2006 team over to Brad Johnson and they'll look at an Omar Jacobs, Brodie Croyle, or the like to groom for the future. Usually, these new head coaches like developing their own signal-caller. I could be wrong. They could absolutely look at Brees or Ramsey, but, that's not the vibe I'm getting.

If Brees doesn't end up in Miami, Culpepper will.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
I'm guessing they'll hand the 2006 team over to Brad Johnson and they'll look at an Omar Jacobs, Brodie Croyle, or the like to groom for the future.  Usually, these new head coaches like developing their own signal-caller.  I could be wrong.  They could absolutely look at Brees or Ramsey, but, that's not the vibe I'm getting.

If Brees doesn't end up in Miami, Culpepper will.

The Vikes should REALLY want that to happen, IMO. The Culpepper in Miami thing, that is.

Personally though, I just don't see the Vikes getting to the point in the draft where they can find a guy to replace Culpepper in the next year or two. We saw them perform with Johnson...if they come out and are a .500 team for the next year or two, then they won't have a shot at a top-tier QB unless it's through FA. And given how many QB's are out there right now, and the fact that they have a metric f***ton of salary cap room this year, I think this is the year they should make a run at a new QB if they're moving Daunte.