NFL Off-Season Rumor Mill

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
As a Bills fan first and a Bears fan second...I hope the Dolphins, Patriots, Packers or Vikings wind up with them.  Let them dismantle one of those teams from the inside out.

Wrong

Terrell Owens cant afford to be a douche bag again or his career is over.. The next place he goes hes gonna have to be on his best behavior..

I think Dallas might have released MeShawn to go after TO though

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
Wrong

Terrell Owens cant afford to be a douche bag again or his career is over.. The next place he goes hes gonna have to be on his best behavior..

I think Dallas might have released MeShawn to go after TO though

I don't believe he will. He gets into trouble even when he listens to the team (Remember the MNF Desperate Housewives thingy?). Even on top of that, he's going to be taking a much smaller contract this offseason than a guy with his skill set should be taking, so I'd say it's almost certain that he'll be holding out at some point in the future again after he's been on his "best behavior" for a year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
I don't believe he will.  He gets into trouble even when he listens to the team (Remember the MNF Desperate Housewives thingy?).  Even on top of that, he's going to be taking a much smaller contract this offseason than a guy with his skill set should be taking, so I'd say it's almost certain that he'll be holding out at some point in the future again after he's been on his "best behavior" for a year.

I just dont think there is any way he can afford to do that.. He will never get a job again if he pulls his same s***..

Aaron Brooks available:

Per roto:

Saints released Aaron Brooks.

Brooks leaves New Orleans as one of the most confusing, talented, and winning quarterbacks to play for the Saints. He fell apart in 2005, but still has 120 career touchdowns to 84 interceptions and started the only playoff win in franchise history. The Raiders, Vikings, Ravens, Lions, and Packers all make logical pursuers.

McCown signs with the Lions. Harrington as good as gone.

Per roto:

Lions signed QB Josh McCown to a two-year, $6 million contract.

Joey Harrington has to be on the way out of Detroit now. Signing McCown and Jon Kitna gives the Lions two mobile quarterbacks to compete for the starting job. The impending release or trade of Harrington will net the club $5.4 million in cap savings.

Now this is a move I like;

The Cowboys made a second move to improve their offensive line by reaching a three-year, $6 million deal with former Jets left tackle Jason Fabini. Clauses in the contract could grow the deal to $7.5 million over the three years.

Fabini will be moved to right tackle with the Cowboys and fix one of the team's biggest problems last season. The Cowboys had right tackle problems starting in beginning of training camp. They ended up trying Torrin Tucker in the pre-season at right tackle and then went with rookie Rob Petitti for the regular season.

Fabini, a salary cap cut for the Jets, visited the Patriots and was in heavy negotiations with the Bucs but decided to go to the Cowboys. Earlier this week, Dallas added Kyle Kozier, who is expected to help out at guard, to a five-year, $15 million deal.

Bears meet with Griese, contract proposal likely
Griese spent his 31st birthday Saturday dining downtown with general manager Jerry Angelo and quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson, then spent Sunday at Halas Hall in what was described as a very positive meeting, leading multiple sources to suggest something could happen soon.
If the Bears don't get Griese, they could try to sign Jeff Blake.

• 1 month later...