Crede's back is healthy

SSH2005

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 07:00 AM)
Eh, not sure how much I believe this or the story about Hermanson's back.  I'll have to see it to believe it.

Herniated discs don't heal. They flare up occassionally, but never really go away. I bet you can take the stress of off them by losing extra weight around your waist and by strengthening your abs and lower back muscles.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 07:53 AM)
Thus the reason Rob M is on the team. Figure to see Mack on the field for basically as much as a starter. He will be filling in for someone almost every day.

Yep, the Mack Daddy will be one bizzy muthaf***a!!!

Infield glove? Check. Outfield glove? Check. First baseman's glove?

....maybe....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
Yep, the Mack Daddy will be one bizzy muthaf***a!!!

Infield glove? Check. Outfield glove? Check. First baseman's glove?

....maybe....

Depending on how many pitchers we carry and how many outfielders/catchers we carry, it's possible there will be room for Gload also on the roster, which would cover the 1b glove. But who knows at this point. Depends on how a lot of people perform. Anywho, with both Thome and Konerko, we're in far better territory at 1b than we were last year, where PK played 158 games.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
I am worried that Crede will have a career year and Boras will have him sign a gigantic deal elsewhere.

yeah because having one of our players have a career year would be awful.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Back to form: When Joe Crede came off the 15-day disabled list on Sept. 10 last season, recovering from a fracture to the tip of the middle finger on his throwing hand, the White Sox third baseman was a little worried as to how his balky back would respond to the inactivity. Crede hit .379 in September, two herniated discs and all, and was the team's most valuable player in the field from start to finish during the playoffs.

After a few days of hitting in Arizona, Crede reports the same solid results for his back.

"I've gone through a bunch of sessions out here already and everything feels good," Crede said. "I'm ready to go. I felt healthy and strong at the end of last year, and I feel the same way now."