more wisdom from John Rocker

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
You would think by now that Rocker would know to shut his piehole.

What does he have to worry about now? He is out of baseball, people can stick a microphone in his face and he can rant and rave about taking the train in NY all he wants now with no repercussions. Hopefully people will stop sticking microphones in his face now.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
Well, he has no career left, so he's gonna try to sell books and make a little loot.

He should go on tour with that Larry the cable guy or whatever that blathering idiot's name is and they could entertain the masses together. I have no doubt this book will sell a ton of copies.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
the fact that he is in demand to speak anywhere, any time is a testament to the ignorance that pervades certain corners of this country.

Bingo. Those corners are bigger than you might think.

I think Rocker is a pretty thickheaded and ignorant f***ball, but I respect him having the balls to say the things that millions of other people think. I also have to respect his freedom to say them. At least you know what the deal is with Rocker.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Bingo.  Those corners are bigger than you might think.

I think Rocker is a pretty thickheaded and ignorant f***ball, but I respect him having the balls to say the things that millions of other people think.  I also have to respect his freedom to say them.  At least you know what the deal is with Rocker.

The only reason you hear what he says is because he has access to a microphone. He wasblessed with the talent of throwing a 95mph fastball from his left arm and still managed to screw that up. It's no coincidence that his scatterbrained comments are as wild as his pitches off the mound. God Bless America and our freedoms, but Rocker is an perfect example of what is wrong with country.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
Wait... doesn't he throw lefty...

Why didn't we invite him to camp... He's better then half the crap we have there... Maybe he can even get his high 90's fastball back...

I think in next years Soxtalk awards there should be a category for "Dumbest Post". I bet this would win.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
Bingo.  Those corners are bigger than you might think.

I think Rocker is a pretty thickheaded and ignorant f***ball, but I respect him having the balls to say the things that millions of other people think.  I also have to respect his freedom to say them.  At least you know what the deal is with Rocker.

I don't know if respect is quite the word I would use for my stance on what John Rocker said, regardless if there are millions of people who feel the same way he does. People have the right to do and say a lot of things, it doesn't mean their viewpoint is respectable.

Ignorance breeds hate, but how ignorant/hateful do you have to be to go on the record with statements like that?

There will always be an audience for someone like this--a former Major Leaguer who probably has a small army of publicists spin-doctoring his fall from grace--but I don't know about demand anytime, anywhere.