All Star Game Standings

whitesox247

Jason Giambi (hitting .200) is 30,000 votes ahead of Delgado (RBI leader and tearing the cover off the ball)

Big name players (Ichiro, Manny, Bernie) far ahead of the far more deserving players: Garret Anderson, Rocco Baldelli, etc...

Obviously the All-Star Game is just a popularity contest... :rolleyes:

Jason Giambi (hitting .200) is 30,000 votes ahead of Delgado (RBI leader and tearing the cover off the ball)

Big name players (Ichiro, Manny, Bernie) far ahead of the far more deserving players: Garret Anderson, Rocco Baldelli, etc...

This surprises you? Remember when Magic Johnson got voted to start and didn't play a single game?

This surprises you? Remember when Magic Johnson got voted to start and didn't play a single game?

Didn't that happen to Grant Hill a year or two ago?

Fan voting is so f***ing stupid...the only sport that actually has decent fan voting is the NFL...because everyone seems to know who is doing well and who is not.

I think the top guns of the MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL(and if you want to, you can include the MLS), and they need to get a plan that works the same for each sport as far as All-Star weekend goes....or atleast in the MLB, where the All-Star game actually means something this year. I do not want to see s***ty, name players instead of good, unknown players. When it comes to the World Series, I will almost always cheer for either the underdog, or the AL team if I don't like the underdog(for instance, if Minnesota made it, and they were playing like, for instance, the Braves, I would cheer for the NL).

Guest hotsoxchick1
Obviously the All-Star Game is just a popularity contest... 

after all these years your just now getting it?????...........lol....well i guess better late than never huh......

Hey if you look at my AS GAME line-up predictions thread from a couple weeks ago I said Giambi would be the starter, even though he was hitting .195 at the time, I see how much he improved since than :P Just like last year, remember when Manny broke his finger or whatever, and was out like over a month and was still voted in as a starter? Maybe Giambi will be a man about it and turn down the spot. Delgado really deserves it. We'll see how the NL Fans did tomorrow.

Hey if you look at my AS GAME line-up predictions thread from a couple weeks ago I said Giambi would be the starter, even though he was hitting .195 at the time, I see how much he improved since than :P

I'm pretty sure I said f*** the fans in that thread to. :)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Next I am gonna find out the Oscars aren't really about artistic accomplishment....

brando hon if you want one .. dont waste your creative time.........just get signed for a popular show and your a shu- in......

A sure fire reason to take away the vote from the fans is if Bernie Williams get one more vote, he just had knee surgery today and will be out 4-6 weeks, If he takes the maximum to heal, those 6 weeks take him right about to the All Star Game, and if he comes back a week before the game, and starts, I may just lose it

We need to start beating these fans.

Ever see Jay and Silent Bob strike back? The scene towards the end, where they've got names and address of people who mocked them on an internet message board.

:lol:

I haven't seen it, but maybe I should now :lol:

The weird thing is that the NL AS Starters, are usually pretty good choices based on stats, and not popularity. We'll see tomorrow.

I haven't seen it, but maybe I should now :lol:

The weird thing is that the NL AS Starters, are usually pretty good choices based on stats, and not popularity. We'll see tomorrow.

You have to see it, plenty of cursing and hot women to. The people on the board call them "s*** eating (something)", and at the end they have this huge list of names and address. And they knock on the door and ask the kid if he said above comment on such and such board, and when the kid says yeah, they give him a beatdown. It's classic.

NL usually is good, yes.

and that is news

When it comes to the World Series, I will almost always cheer for either the underdog, or the AL team if I don't like the underdog(for instance, if Minnesota made it, and they were playing like, for instance, the Braves, I would cheer for the NL).

If those two teams get to the world series I hope someone will be kind enough to shoot me dead.

and that is news

Yet another reason why "fans" don't have any f***ing business voting on who starts/makes the AllStar Team.

:fyou Stupid Ass Baseball "Fans"