Malimony

Steff

:lolhitting

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/60194.htm

SHE WANTS PRENUP!

By MACKENZIE DAWSON PARKS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 21, 2006 -- 'IF you ain't no punk, holla 'We want prenup! We want prenup!'" was the battlecry of Kanye West's hit "Golddigger." Who knew he'd be talking about Jessica Simpson?

Yes, it was Nick Lachey going where few men have gone before last weekend - announcing that he reserved the right to seek spousal support. In a word, malimony.

Oh, Nick. You did NOT just do that.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
He should get half!

I'm gonna start a chant! Pay Nick Lachey!

Yes.. he should get half the earnings from the marriage. Which is estimated at $50 million..

Pay him definitely because without him making fun of her the Newleyweds would not have been. But alimony...? GMAFB.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
I don't see what the big deal is.  I guess we need to keep the double standard in place?  :huh

And what double standard would that be..? He should get half the marital assets, absolutely. They were married for 3 years.. And he wants alimony..? Normal people married 3 years split the assets and move on.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Normal people?  This is Nick Lachey!

Yep. A no talent "entertainer" who will make a cool $25 million for screwing one of the hottest, and stupidest, females on the planet for the past 3 years. Poor him. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
She doesn't want him to have even that.

He may be asking for this to get the half he deserves.

She doesn't have a choice of the distribution in California. It's 50/50 of earnings during the time of the marriage. He should take that and run. He didn't "earn" most of that $$.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
Sheesh, out of all the people I've seen on reality tv Nick Lachey is up there as Most Normal.

Yeah, if he appeared dizzy it was probably from rolling his eyes every 15 seconds at the latest dips*** remark to come out of that dope's mouth.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)
If it wasn't for his marriage, neither would she.

He brought her stupidity to the public eye... however I don't think he would have sold much lip gloss or high heel shoes. No.. I don't think, I'm sure of it. Without her he'd still be playing shopping malls. She did 150% more for that marriage financially.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
He brought her stupidity to the public eye... however I don't think he would have sold much lip gloss or high heel shoes. No.. I don't think, I'm sure of it. Without her he'd still be playing shopping malls. She did 150% more for that marriage financially.

Well, I would say 99 percent of her endorsements came after the show Newlyweds aired. Her record sales went up after the fact as well.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
So without her, he'd have had no career.

But without him, neither would she.

Uh hu.

OK.. let me try this again..

They should split the marital assets 50/50 and move on.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
He should beg for her sweet ass back.  But if not, yeah he should take 50 percent.

LMAO.. I think they will end up back together. Once she get rid of her creepy father. :lolhitting