SD state legislature voting to ban abortion

samclemens

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Now here's your Roe V Wade challenge.

DO IT!!!!!!!  The time has never been better to end the practice of state sponsored murder of children.

As George Carlin said,

"Not every ejaculation deserves a name."

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Any abortion case where there is no incest or rape and with both mother and baby being healthy is murder PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

So if the fetus is the result of rape, its not murder? I don't get that argument. If its murder, its always murder, regardless of the method of creation. Right?

So if the fetus is the result of rape, its not murder?  I don't get that argument.  If its murder, its always murder, regardless of the method of creation.  Right?

I forgot to add the words Premeditated Murder. Even though I hate the thought of abortion even in rape cases I will give them a little more lead way even though it goes against my personal beliefs. I cannot stomach people who go out have there fun without considering the risks then when a baby is conceived they run out and have an abortion.

QUOTE(minors @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
I forgot to add the words Premeditated Murder.  Even though I hate the thought of abortion even in rape cases I will give them a little more lead way even though it goes against my personal beliefs.  I cannot stomach people who go out have there fun without considering the risks then when a baby is conceived they run out and have an abortion.

yeah because this happens all the time. getting an abortion is not like going to the dentist or getting a car wash you know. the pain that the procedure causes is pretty severe. Severe enough where people aren't just using this as an alternative to going out and getting condoms.

on a side note, would you rather have abortions or babies found dead in dumpsters? just asking....

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
yeah because this happens all the time. getting an abortion is not like going to the dentist or getting a car wash you know. the pain that the procedure causes is pretty severe. Severe enough where people aren't just using this as an alternative to going out and getting condoms.

on a side note, would you rather have abortions or babies found dead in dumpsters? just asking....

Is the net result any different? Just asking.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)

It's actually quite possible to argue that if both are murder...the worst one is whichever one happens more often...which would clearly be in the case of legal abortions.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
It's actually quite possible to argue that if both are murder...the worst one is whichever one happens more often...which would clearly be in the case of illegal abortions.

I believe legal abortions are more frequent than illegal ones. If the law changes, then again, the net result is the same.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)

That has to be the worst possible arguement for legal abortion. I can respect the arguements over rape, insest, danger to the mother, etc, but to argue that if you make it illegal that there will just be a bunch of people murdering babies disgusts me. Its makes it seem as if it would be OK to do a coathanger abortion because the mean old system won't let you have one.

Its almost like saying the legal system won't go after the guy who committed a crime against me/my family, so instead I am going to go kill him myself. It doesn't make it right, and it is almost a blackmail type arguement instead of a rational arguement.

I can't even respond to this argument because it is so stupid it is blackmail at best. You condone murder with murder and it is a terrible argument.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Wait, did he just argue against the death penalty?

Ah! One of the great ironies around here. Conservatives in favor of capital punishment and against abortion. Liberals opposed to capital punishment and in favor of abortion. The only real difference is that the unborn are totally innocent ... always.