Haunted places in Illinois..

Steff

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
:lol:  :lol:  There ain't s*** haunted in Sterling/Rock Falls (and yes, I've been to that spot at night)...with all the drunken ass teens you might here some odd noises at night though.

I have heard this story to be the truth from too many different people to not believe it at least somewhat....

I love the description of that supposed ghost sighting in Aurora. A person encountered the mysterious light on St. Patricks Day at 2 am? They were probably drunk off their ass!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
I love the description of that supposed ghost sighting in Aurora. A person encountered the mysterious light on St. Patricks Day at 2 am? They were probably drunk off their ass!

The date is bulls***, but the event itself isn't. Again, I'm not a big believer in this stuff but there is weird s*** going on at that hotel.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
Has anyone else done the Cuba Road experiement out in Barrington?

We did it with a group of nine or ten of us back in high school; although the house we walked up on was pretty creepy, we hung out in it for awhile and I can't say we saw or felt anything out of the ordinary.  I'm pretty sure it was just a place local high school kids go and drink...there was a couch in there, some tables, etc.

Was the house off of Rainbow road?

I've heard that it's a former mob house and some scary s*** has been seen there.

Never done any of the stuff in barrington though.

Loves Park - rest stop at 173 & Mitchell Rd - Visitors have heard little kids laughing while no one was around. Reports of cars not starting, and shaking while still hearing the children

This intersection doesn't even exist!

There is no Mitchell Rd. in Loves Park, much less one that intersects 173...

Rockfard - Bloods Point - Visitors of the old cemetery get chased by a ghost truck which will follow you with no headlights then suddenly flip them on and chase you then disappear. An old bridge where three women were hung is a site for more activity. It is known if you stop your car at the end of the bridge and try to start it again it will not.

I totally forgot all about this place. I've never been there but it was a big thing when I was in high school. There is a campgrounds that we go to all the time during the summer that's just a few miles north. I'll have to remember that next time we go...

There was some old farm house somewhere near Caledonia that a handful of my friends visited one time. Another friend of mine and I were sitting at a Denny's when they walked in and started telling us about all these strange things that happened to them while they were there. So we all loaded up and went back out there. When we drove past the house they kept saying "Can you feel that? Something doesn't feel right"

My friend and I were both sittin in the back seat. We just kinda looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. I guess if you don't really believe in this stuff you don't "see" or "feel" anything.

At least I never have...

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Mitchell Drive

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=Mit...ew=1&name=&qty=

But farrr, farrr from 173

Yea, that's the south side of Rockford. Loves Park is north of Rockford.

I can't even think of any "rest areas" anywhere around here.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:35 AM)
Yes sir.

Bunch of people from my high school (barrington) have went there. One of the stories i heard involves a black SUV chasing them out of there and following them for a long time. Kinda scary.

I also heard there's some f'd up s*** in the basement.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)
Bunch of people from my high school (barrington) have went there. One of the stories i heard involves a black SUV chasing them out of there and following them for a long time. Kinda scary.

That seems to be a common theme with a few of these places.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
...meh, I was debating mentioning this or not, but, if anyone has any interest talking extraterrestial or UFO pheonomea, I have a few stories to share...two of which I expierenced first hand.

All kidding aside, I'm a total believer.

They were weather balloons.

Oh and the crop circles were already proven to be made by humans. :P

Gurnee - The Gate - It is a clearing where a little school house was. The house is torn down. The road into the property is blocked off. All that stands is a huge black iron gate. The legend has it that, a crazy man broke into the school house and killed all the children. After decapitating a few of the children the man walked out to the gate and staked the children's head on the sharp points of the black iron fence. The community decided to tear down the house after the tragic act, but The Gate still remains as a memory. And it's told that you can hear children crying, and see heads on the gate every now and then. But just being there looking at The Gate is enough.

No clue where this is in Gurnee.

I talked to my sister last night who went to Western Illinois and she says she has heard of or experienced all of them. It was really freaky because she stayed at Bayliss Hall when the chick hung herself there and she was on floor right underneath. She said she also heard the garvage chute crying at various times of the night. She ALSO said that Simpkins Hall is one of the freakiest places everand I agree with her because when I visited there, it was like being in an old abandoned high school.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
...meh, I was debating mentioning this or not, but, if anyone has any interest talking extraterrestial or UFO pheonomea, I have a few stories to share...two of which I expierenced first hand.

All kidding aside, I'm a total believer.

I would love to see a ghost but have yet to. I have however seen a UFO before. Seeing something out of the ordinary like this is just incredible and something I'll never forget.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
I would love to see a ghost but have yet to. I have however seen a UFO before. Seeing something out of the ordinary like this is just incredible and something I'll never forget.

I've seen lots of UFOs.

I'm pretty sure most of them were from this planet though...