SIRIUS sattelite radio kicks ass!!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Got my Sirius SP-R2 system not quite 2 weeks ago NUKE, home, car, lifetime subscription, online music, Howard, the works.........

Waiting for the boombox to come out, Best Buy says they are on bigtime back order, and that the SP-R1 box will not work for the SP-R2.......

I'm now lost without it, it rocks, and rolls, listening to The Vault right now online..........

Terra firma radio sucks big time now for me........

XM is a dead man walking, watch out........

Can't ya tell i love Sirius? :lol:

Love the avitar dude, screw them........ ;)

:cheers

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2:

QUOTE(SoCalSouthSider59 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
Got my Sirius SP-R2 system not quite 2 weeks ago NUKE, home, car, lifetime subscription, online music, Howard, the works.........

Waiting for the boombox to come out, Best Buy says they are on bigtime back order, and that the SP-R1 box will not work for the SP-R2.......

I'm now lost without it, it rocks, and rolls, listening to The Vault right now online..........

Terra firma radio sucks big time now for me........

XM is a dead man walking, watch out........

Can't ya tell i love Sirius?  :lol:

Love the avitar dude, screw them........ ;)

:cheers

:gosox3:  :gosox1:  :gosox2:

Can't say it much better than you put it...Dead man walking is right. That company is reeling. Look for more firings soon. They f***ed up not signing Howard. Now they will pay.

Great, now Steff is going to tell me they both are good and I should not argue about this. Steff, I can't help it. I got 2500 shares of Sirius, so I need to be a FAn Boy!

Back to my rant. Go to any Best Buy...you'll find XM falling off the shelves and Sirius back ordered.

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
Look for more firings soon. 

I'm done with your God complex and pee pee measuring regarding Sirius.

But I have to ask.. who got fired.? Did you mean "look for more resignations..."?

:rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
I'm done with your God complex and pee pee measuring regarding Sirius.

But I have to ask.. who got fired.? Did you mean "look for more resignations..."?

:rolly

God complex? Are you sirius?

And yeah, more resignations. Oops.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
I think at some point, both these companies will have to merge.

Pretty much...I mean that's what everyone has being saying since the inception of satellite radio. This pissing contest between XM and Sirius and who signs who is basically a "who's gonna blink first" game. Personally, if I were an investor, I'd be real scared of the size of the contracts being handed out to celebrities to exclusively put them on their station. I haven't looked into either company all that intensively, but just from a Mergers and Acquisitons standpoint I'd try to buy up the company that's going to eventually be bought out. The target firm usually brings good returns once they're bought out.

Just from a consumer's standpoint, a merger probably would be in their best interest. Combined power would probably lead to better programming, better service, better equipment, etc.

But hey what do I know, I'm just a smarmy finance major. :P

QUOTE(Fotop @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
Pretty much...I mean that's what everyone has being saying since the inception of satellite radio. This pissing contest between XM and Sirius and who signs who is basically a "who's gonna blink first" game. Personally, if I were an investor, I'd be real scared of the size of the contracts being handed out to celebrities to exclusively put them on their station. I haven't looked into either company all that intensively, but just from a Mergers and Acquisitons standpoint I'd try to buy up the company that's going to eventually be bought out. The target firm usually brings good returns once they're bought out.

Just from a consumer's standpoint, a merger probably would be in their best interest. Combined power would probably lead to better programming, better service, better equipment, etc.

But hey what do I know, I'm just a smarmy finance major.  :P

Actually competition is better for the industry, and for the quality of prgramming and signal etc. If there was no competition what would drive them to make improvements and innovation? The desire to compete and win against your rival is what makes businesses succeed moving forward.

True, competition is important and it seems as though these are the only two major satellite service providers. I probably should backtrack a bit, because that was a bit of an oversight on my part to say the consumer would obviously benefit. Although it may seem unlikely that the consumer would see benefits from a merger, it still possible. Regardless, the point you make is vaild.

As I said, I haven't really looked into it, and who knows even if a merger between the two would even pass regulatory measures (I have no clue what their market shares/industry concetration is) but I think for satellite radio to be a sustaining force in audio options a merger is probably necessary.

As one firm they'd be able to rid themsevles of redundancies, gain value from synergies, and combine talent. On the whole, they'd be more efficient as one firm and the value created would only benefit their shareholders. The sheer size of the new merged firm would position them for the long haul; the amount of listeners for the new firm would be extremely high, thus giving them a solid base to build on. To sustain growth, they would have to innovate and get better to lure in new customers. I doubt shareholders would be all that pleased with a company merely settling for what they currently have and not trying to increase their returns.

Granted, I may be speaking from a strictly financial M&A standpoint, but a merger really does make sense here for all parties.